Chapter 22 • ngl

After Shogun's and Scaramouche's constant insisting you ended up spending the night at their house. With your parents permission of course. Scaramouche wasn't so pleased with Shogun letting Childe and Kazuha spend the night too.

You all slept in the living room scattering throughout the couch and the floor, with the exception of Shogun who slept amazingly in her room, out of embarrassment for what would happen if you stayed in Scaramouche's room. You ended up falling asleep in his arms either way.

Luckily, you were the first one up and spared yourself from their teasing.

You just barely managed to get out of Scaramouche's clutch after a bit of fighting. Somehow, he didn't wake up.

You escaped into the kitchen to not wake the three. But you immediately spotted the gorgeous purple haired lady sitting at the counter with a cup in her hand and a pretty pastry on a plate.

"Good morning y/n." Her voice was clearly relaxed compared to the way she talked to Scaramouche.

"Morning Shogun!" She poured you a cup of tea and prompted you to sit next to her.

"Tea always puts me in a good mood for the day." She smiles as she slides it to you. Without a response you take a sip and quickly notice the delightful flavor of the green tea.

"Any plans for the day?" She asks as she sets her cup down.

"Not that I know of." Despite getting along well with Shogun, you were always on guard to make sure you don't say something wrong and displease her.

"No date with Kunikuzushi?" She scoffs. Now that you thought about it, the two of you have never been on an official date. Of course the two of you would go out together constantly, but it was never a dating date.

"No haha." Was all you could respond with.

"Shame, someone like you should be treated and spoiled constantly." She whispered, obviously disappointed in her brother.

Just then, the familiar ginger and pretty indigo haired man walked in together. Scaramouche seemed annoyed by what you guessed was Childe's teasing.

"Oh, I saw the two of you cuddling up. Were you cold? I could've brought more blankets down." Shogun acted clueless.

"Cuddling? Oh my archons, I'm actually gonna puke imagining that." Childe immediately got a punch to the back of the head by Scaramouche.

"Kunikuzushi, why don't you take y/n out on a date today since you're most likely free?" Shogun suggested.

"Date?..." He muttered to himself.

"Y/n does he even take you out? If I had a girlfriend I'd date her out everyday." Childe grinned.

"You're never getting one." Scaramouche stated, shattering Childe's ego.

"Scaramouche takes me out a lot!" You responded not technically lying. Just not on dates.

"Perfect! You two figure something out, Childe and Kazuha will help me with housework." Shogun gave Childe a devilish grin.

"Right..." He whimpered.

"Um Shogun... can I talk to you?... Privately?..." Scaramouche requested so you and Childe left the kitchen to find a sound asleep Kazuha.

"Let's draw a mustache on him." Childe plotted.

"With what marker?" Childe immediately pulled out a black crayola marker from his conveniently placed backpack.

"You're a child. But ok." You giggled going towards where Childe was about to start drawing.

-Scaramouche's pov-

"What is it?" Her tone returned to her normal stern one.

"I need your help." He stated, obviously embarrassed for asking.

"With?"

"How do I take y/n on a good date?" Shogun looked astonished at his question.

"Are you serious Kunikuzushi?..."

"Dead." She sighed at the idiot question once again.

"What have you done in the past?" She began to figure out something.

"I haven't really taken her on a date date." He brought up bluntly. Her breathing hitched in surprise.

Then she began back up again. "You're joking right? You're dating y/n and you haven't taken her on a date." She was seriously starting to doubt if you guys were actually dating or not.

"We didn't start dating until recently. Also, we go out a lot together, just not on dates." He explained, earning a facepalm from Shogun.

"You're an idiot. Fine, what does she like?"

"Cheesecake."

"Take her to a bakery." It was no Scaramouche's turn to release a sigh.

"We always go to bakeries."

"Make it a nice one."

"I've taken her to the nicests ones I could find." He mentally facepalmed, almost regretting spoiling you so much so that this could be easier.

"Hm. Why not something sweet like the beach?"

"I hate the beach."

"The park?"

"She hates crowds."

"Your impossible Kunikuzushi." She sounded drained. It was clear she was trying just for y/n.

"Take her to somewhere she'd be happiest." Kazuha walked in and straight to the space where the two were sitting. With half a mustache made of marker drawn on his face.

"Did you hear our conversation?" Shogun asked calmly. Completely ignoring the drawing, Scaramouche did the same. Scaramouche was an embarrassed mess realizing he now knew his little secret. Only embarrassed on the inside of course.

"I accidentally overheard before I came in. Childe attempted to draw a mustache so I came to ask where the bathroom was for the purpose of washing my face." He explained.

"I see. I'll take you to it." Shogun departed from the conversation leaving Scaramouche in his thoughts.

a/n
shorter chapter but i plan to make a second part to this chapter ‼️ will be out asap🤞