Chapter 25 • always 4ever

"This is fucking stupid Shogun."

Days at school began to feel empty. It felt numb without the joy of seeing Scaramouche or talking to Yoimiya every day. You began to contemplate just moving schools at this point. Was there really any reason to keep going to this shit school where everyone hates you?

But you couldn't leave without waiting for Scaramouche. And you couldn't leave without Childe and Kazuha of course.

Speaking of the two, Childe insisted that the three of you would go over to Scaramouche's house and make sure he was okay right after school.

Plus, you wanted to find out if he actually meant his message. Surely not right?

The only thing you looked forward to the whole day was seeing his gorgeous face and if all went well, you wanted to be in his arms again.

But all those plans changed when at lunch Kazuha canceled it all.

"Ah... I was thinking, what if Scaramouche doesn't want to see us?"

"Why wouldn't he?" Childe became defensive and his whole body seemed to stiffen up. Meanwhile, you just grew depressed at the possibility of the suggestion being true. The fact that it there was a chance of him genuinely disliking you again caused you to slightly tug at the heart locket he had given you. You weren't ready to take it off when you just got it.

"I'm sure if he wants to see us he'll figure something out. What if he just needs space right now?" As much as you hated the idea, his reasoning made sense.

"But he needs to fix things with Y/n! You don't break up with someone over text for no reason!" Childe protested while his voice grew louder.

"Childe... I think Scaramouche and Y/n both need to have time apart so that when they do talk they know what to say, we don't want them to argue do we?" Childe simply scoffed at his words and was about to reply when a wave of awkwardness hit the two.

When you turned to see what they were looking at you saw someone you'd never seen all by herself at lunch.

"Do you need something Yoimiya?" Kazuha knew he was the only one out of the three that could speak to her right now without acting out on emotion.

"Can I speak to you Y/n?" Yoimiya's voice was soft and genuine. And because of those factors, along with the sad look on her face, you agreed.

She brought you to a secluded corner of the rooftop where the two of you could speak privately without being spotted or overheard.

When she paused all movement to look at you you noticed the shakiness of her breath and the tears building up in the bottom of her eyes.

And before you could process anything you were already wrapped in her arms with her face pressing itself into your neck.

Quickly, she pushed away as if she had done it by accident. "Y/n i'm so sorry." Tears began to slowly drip down her face.

All that planning on what you'd do had disappeared. You didn't know how to respond to make things how they were.

"Please tell me you understood where I came from." She pleaded, which you simply nodded at. She then replied with a soft smile. A seriously genuine one. Not one of the smiles that she gives to everyone at the school.

"I don't like Scaramouche..." Hearing those words immediately made you defensive but she continued. "But... if he makes you happy I'll support your relationship. As long as you're sure he won't hurt you."

That last part made you question him. He had already hurt you but you didn't know if you could blame him.

"Thank you." That was all you could reply with. Yoimiya's sadness seemed to fade along with yours.

"And I promise I'll fix everything, I wanna go back to how we used to be Y/n... I miss you." You weren't sure if her tears were still of sadness and felt regretful for even letting your friendship turn into that.

"Yoimiya... I wanna fix everything too, but I don't know if we can go back to normal." Her smile slightly dropped at your truth, but she had already expected this anyways.

"I understand. I'll try my best to redeem myself Y/n!" Once again, you were in her arms, her face buried in your neck.

"Me too." You returned the gesture and stayed in that position for a while.

"Speaking of Scaramouche, where is he?" Yoimiya's question filled your head with thoughts of him that you had forgotten about for just a couple of minutes.

But you knew you couldn't tell her the actual reasoning cause she'd just barely accepted you and Scaramouche. Something like that could bring back the whole point of the argument you two had just fixed. So you lied, with a small pout of course. "He got sick."

"Don't let him get you sick!" You were glad you made up that lie seeing how mad she already got with something as small as that.

"Oh! I think the bells about to ring, I need to get my bag. I'll see you in a bit Y/n!" And with that she was already on her way to the staircase, leaving you to return to Kazuha and Childe.

"What'd she say?!" Childe leaped off the bench the moment he spotted you.

"We're friends again." Even Kazuha looked confused at your answer. Their eyes widened and could barely manage to get any words out.

"Funny how she apologizes the second you and Scaramouche break up..." Childe squints in suspicion but Kazuha seems to still be confused about your returned friendship.

"It wasn't her, she doesn't know about it." You could've been completely wrong but chose to trust your gut feeling.

"If you trust her, so will we." Kazuha smiles right before the bell rings marking the end of lunch.

"Kazuha, Kunikuzushi is on his way. Please take care of him."

a/n <3
i hope u enjoyed! im super sorry abt the slow updates but i didnt have any motivation to write, however ill be trying to keep a good schedule:)
also ty for 2k reads! i recommend reading the other story im writing if u enjoy this one :)