Chapter 6 • Back to square one

Scaramouche's pov

Full of dread, Scaramouche makes his way to the front gate as Childe instructed.

Everyone but Itto was there. Yet somehow it was still obnoxiously loud because of Childe and Yoimiya.

But y/n just stood there laughing every once in a while, nodding when spoken to.

"Look at the two polar opposites being fashionably late!" Childe laughs. Two? He immediately feels the weight of a gorilla rest it's arm on his shoulder.

Oh, it's not a gorilla, it's Itto.

"Fashionably late," Scaramouche mocks. "Aren't we wearing the exact same uniform?" Yoimiya and break out into laughter while Childe laughs awkwardly looking red. Meanwhile y/n just laughs to herself covering her mouth to hide her smile.

Y/n's pov

The ride there was nice. They made you feel like they wanted to talk to you. Especially Itto.

"Y/n! Do you know this song?" Itto was in charge of aux since Yoimiya insisted to have him in the passengers seat to sit more comfortable.

"Is this Rhinestone Eyes?" The song is familiar but not one you listen to often. "Bingo!" He yells followed with cheering.

That's electric-tic-tic...

Everyone but you and Scaramouche were screaming the lyrics. He was right next to you and looking over at his screen you notice he had his own music playing in his airpods.

Case 143 by Stray Kids

Guess he really does have taste.

And now he's your friend!

He noticed you staring and created a direct eye contact between you two. About three seconds passed before you got nervous and looked away but those three seconds felt like an hour. They were almost... comforting?

"Okay people we have 20 minutes before we head back!" Childe explained before everyone flooded out the five seat car like a clown car.

Was Mcdonald's the best thing you could've gotten? Probably not. But it was convenient. Plus nuggets!

Scaramouche and Childe came to the table carrying everyones order. He hands you your 10 pc nuggets and large sprite.  Before you could get a sip a scream comes from Yoimiya quickly catching your attention.

"I got my melody!!" She shows the toy she pulled from her happy meal. You couldn't help but smile, slightly regretting you didn't get a happy meal too.

About ten minutes passed with not a second free from Childe, Itto, and Yoimiya's chatter. Except occasionally you'd get asked a question which you'd answer as quick as possible.

Maybe not as quick as Scaramouche did.

"Scaramouche! How do you like your chemistry teacher? I heard she's a bitch." Childe wondered.

"Yeah." That's all?

Still, you were happy with this group.

"Yoimiya, how's your crush on Ayaka?" Itto asked weirdly calm causing Yoimiya to choke on her apple slice. You hand Yoimiya her Coke trying to help.

Yoimiya's feelings for Ayaka were obvious to everyone except Ayaka. As much as she didn't want to admit it, everyone already knew.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Speaking of crushes, Scaramouche why don't you get a girlfriend?" Childe questioned. Scaramouche didn't even react.

"Why should I?" He takes a bite of a fry.

"I don't know, it'd be cool. Plus I know a ton of girls that are into you."

"Girls? Into Scaramouche?" Itto laughed. This conversation made you uncomfortable despite it not involving you at all.

"I don't know, girls like the smart mysterious personality."

"I'm going to the bathroom." Scaramouche pushed himself up from the table.

Scaramouche poc

That conversation was weird. Why did they have to bring me up? Are they not entertained enough by each others issues that they had to go asking me? Whatever.

Walking back out to the table he hears y/n mention his name.

"Scaramouche? No never, he's definitely not my type."

"Plus, he's kinda... weird? I don't know.. To add on to that I heard he has a bad history at his last school." Yoimiya brought up. This was a mistake.

He walked away hoping the next time he returned the conversation would've shifted. He was right. "Scaramouche! Ready to go?"  Childe asked placing all the trash on a tray.

"I guess."

Y/n pov

The ride back to school was the same. The others talking non-stop, Scaramouche on his phone, and you observing everything.

As soon as the car parked Scaramouche bolted out of the car and into the school building. I've never seen someone want to go to school so badly.

Then the bell rings. Thats why he was rushing... Childe's "oh shit." sends everyone rushing to their classes.

"Childe, Yoimiya, Y/n, you're late. I'll let it slide this once but please try to get here before the bell." She is the sweetest.

As the group of you three took your seats you heard Childe tell Yoimiya, "W teacher."

As soon as you got caught up with instructions you turned to face Scaramouche. As he looks up he sees you looking at him. You respond to his cold glare with a soft smile.

But he just looks away.

The whole class without a single interaction.

Leaving the classroom you decided to text Scaramouche. It feels like he's been ignoring you all day since you made eye contact in the car.

scaramoochie!!

y/n
hi scaramouche!!

*Message failed to go through*

AN!!!
hii!! i wrote this chapter super late so sorry if its confusing 😭😭ALSO!! i started writing a kazuha x reader idol au and id really appreciate if u read it 🫶