ᴛᴡᴏ

March 8, 2019

Sreedevi

A strong smell of coffee hits my nostrils and I slowly open my eyes. I find him leaving the room closing the door behind. I sit up on the bed and stretch my arms before moving to the washroom for my morning chores.

I step out of the washroom and take the coffee and move to the balcony. Ajay is preparing food. He cooks breakfast and lunch whereas I cook the dinner.

I sip the coffee and relish the taste of it. Ajay's coffee is far better than mine. In fact every food he prepares are delicious except the porridge he makes when either of us are affected by cold. Its horrible.

I glance sideways and see a lady putting the clothes to dry which remembers me about the washed clothes in the machine. I walk back to the kitchen and wash my coffee cup.

I clear my throat and get his attention. I inform him to not prepare lunch for me as it is Women's day and the management would provide food for all women staff.

I move out of the washroom while he murmurs something to himself. I didn't give much attention to it as it is a usual habit of Ajay to talk to himself. Even I do that. The most I have talked to, in my whole life would be to myself than with people.

I put the clothes in the machine to dry and goes to bath. I pick a lemon yellow saree for today. After getting ready, I move to the dining table for breakfast. He has prepared idly and sambar.

Its already 7:30 and my bus would arrive in another fifteen minutes. I slightly hurry to eat my breakfast while Ajay asks me if i coulf buy tye vegetables. The bus driver would drop me exactly before the apartment. There is a market in walkable distance. I nod my head at him and resume eating my breakfast.

Finishing it, I wash my plate and move to the hall. I wear my sandals, pick my bag and umbrella and move out of the house.

I reach down and wait for my school bus which arrives in five minutes. I enter and sit on my seat while the students wish me. I greet them back and fix my gaze outside.

The bus reaches the school premises in half an hour. I get down from the bus and walk to the staffroom which is on the first floor of the secondary block. I teach physics for class 8th, 9th and 10th. 

I check my watch. The first bell for the assembly would ring in ten minutes. I increase the pace of my walk.

"Good morning Sreedevi maam" I hear a voice from behind.

I sigh as I realise who it is. I turn my head and find John sir smiling at me. I smile back at him.

John sir is our high school Maths teacher. He is the only person in the whole school who talk to me not only when necessary and I dont know why. He is trying to be close to me and talks things thay I dont even know why he is saying to me, which is annoying. I strongly doubt whether he has any interest on me, but I am not going to confront him.

"Good morning sir" I wish him and we together walk towards the staffroom.

He opens his mouth to say something but Shyla, our PT teacher appears before us.

"Sreedevi miss?" She calls for me.

I look at her questioningly.

Miss innaik ungaluk second period free thane?" She asks me.

"Yeah" I nod remembering my time table.

"Antha period neenga 10th B eduthukringala?" She requests me.

"But enak anga 4th period already class irukk"

"Athu naan eduthukren.. 2nd period Latha miss oda geography class.. Aana latha miss innaik leave... So students vanthu games vilyadalama nu kettanga..but naan second period free illa... 4th period thaan free... So swap pannikalama?"

"Okay" I smiled at her.

Shyla maam nods her head enthusiastically and move away..

"Che unga period lam ipdi games aada kudukathinga miss... Pasanga kettu poyiduvanga" John sir says as we enter the staffroom..

"Games aadrathula enna irukk sir... Pasanga epovume class laye irunth padichite iruntha athu avunga mental health ah badhikum... Adikadi free ya odi velayadanum" I sit on my table and John sir just smiles.

Akash

Malare ninne kanathirunaal...

I enter the school riding my cycling whistling the song. I park my cycle aside. I check myself in the mirror and correct my hair.

"Deii Akash innaik vara mata nu sonna?"

I hear my benchmate Joel's voice. I glance him and click my tongue shrugging.

"Summa" I say and he glares me.

We walk to our class room 10th B shich is on the first floor of the secondary block.

"Innaik PT miss poyi sreedevi miss kitta avunga period kettangalam" Joel says and I look at him in shock.

"Heyy ennada solra.. Yaara kettu poyi kettanga" I shout at him.

"Yen da unakk PT vendaama? Shuttle velayadalam" he says with a grin.

"Athellam onum vendam... Enak physics pothum.. Yaara kettu poyi period lam kekkranga" I rant at him.

"Dei dei patharatha... Latha miss innaik leave.. Antha period sreedevi miss eduthupanga" Joel says and I sigh in relief.

"Oh.. Apdina okay" I smile at him.

"Etho sir physics padich kilikra maari" Joel smirks at me and I smile sheepishly at him.

We keep our bags in our class and move to the assembly hall. Joel and I sit on the last row and I reserved a chair beside me. A random boy tries to sit on it but I chase him away.

The headmaster is giving his usual boring speech. I look around the hall and find Sreedevi maam entering the assembly hall. My face brightens like a 1000 watts bulb. She sits beside me and I smile at her without taking my eyes from her and greet her. She greets me back with a smile.

"Intha saree nalla irukku maam" I whisper.

"Thanks... Innaik test irukku" She says.

Itha yaarachum ketangala?

"Umm electricity thane miss?" I ask.

"Yeah" she says to me but her gaze is fixed on the stage.

"Ok Miss.. And enak refraction la oru doubt iruku"

"Come to my staffroom during break"

"Okay miss" I smile at her. She looks back at me and smiles showing her dimple.

I blush and look away and see John sir glaring at me. I raise my eyebrows at him and he averts his gaze.

Intha sotta thalaik vera vela illa... Yepo paaru maam kitta pesna moraika vendiyathu

AN :-

Hey guys,

Sorry if this chapter is not nice. Thooka kalakathula type pannathu🙂

Cwc pathingala? Enak mattum thaa antha otteri siva va pudikalayo?? 😐