ɴɪɴᴇ

April 6, 2019

Ajay

Enna thaa panrathu?

I throw the ball on the wall lying on the sofa and catch it when it bounces back. Yesterday was a dreadful day. I turned out jobless for a month. The only thing I loved in this universe is going to job everyday. The worst part is I cant go for any other job for a month.

I went for jogging and was about to go for job as usual but then realised, I have no job now. I slept for some time, played play station, cooked food, broomed the house. Now I dont know what to do.

Its 6 pm already.

I don't have any friends here to go out. All my friends are at Coimbatore. I am stuck in my house. I dont know how Sreedevi manages to stay home a whole month every year.

I again raise my hand to throw the ball but Sreedevi comes in between. She sits on the dining table and arranges all the papers in her hand on the table. The papers start flying here and there due to the fan. She looks up at me and I pretend looking somewhere else.

She clears her throat.

She is not going to call my name in this lifetime.

"Intha fan ah konjam off panreengala?" She says when I look at her.

I get up from the sofa and walk to the dining table. I switch off the fan and sit opposite to her. She looks at me surprised but continue doing her work. I play with the paper weight keeping my fist on my cheek.

My mind drifted to yesterday. I was shocked to hear that the court ordered to seal the company. I was totally pissed off and I was literally yelling at everyone. Devadarshini maam and Prabhakaran Sir came home to inform me that the company would prove their intelligence in a month. They are firing every employees except my team.

I was so involved in the talk that I almost forgot I had a wife until she walked out of the room. Both of them were shocked to see Sreedevi. I introduced her as my wife to them.

I just wish maam wont make a ruckus out of this by informing everyone.

Sreedevi's cough brings me out of my trance. She drinks some water and again concentrate on her work. For some or the other reason, I couldn't divert my gaze from her. My eyes stay glued to her and observe her.

Ok This is entertaining.

She is holding a red pen in her hand. I slightly peek in to the paper.

Gayathri S. IX B. Roll no 21.

Sreedevi is correcting answer papers of students. Got it.

She drags the pen on the paper as she reads the answer and put a tick on it. She puts 2 mark on the side of the paper. Again she reads, marks some symbols in between and puts the mark. The way she holds the pen is also different. The pen is between her middle finger and index finger.

I look up at her face. Her lips murmurs as she reads the answers. Her eyebrows furrow in confusion and she opens a book beside her. She turns the pages and my eyesight follow how her hands turn the page.

God what am I even doing?

She reads something in it and cross check the answer on the paper and corrects it. Her face does not stay still like a grumpy statue. She pouts, murmurs, rolls her eyes as thinking, twists her lips, scratches her head and so on. I have never observed somebody like this and she is tempting me more to look at whatever she is doing. In between she looks at me and I divert my gaze to the paper.

"Pasikutha?"

She asks me and I shook my head. She nods and goes back to work. I think she is getting awkward. I get up from the table and walk back to the sofa. I close my eyes and try to sleep but my brain tempts me to look at her. I open my eyes and see her doing the same.

I look at the time. Its 7pm.

Shit I have been staring her for one whole hour?

But it went so fast? Wow staring her activities is a very nice time pass. I continue staring her without her notice. If only my eyes were a camera and records all her activities, I can play it all day and get myself entertained.

She closes all the papers and go to her room. I peep inside. She arranges the corrected papers and uncorrected papers seperately in the studying table.

She walk out and go to kitchen to prepare the dinner. I walk to the kitchen and decide to help her.

She is preparing the dough for chapati. I get it from her and starts doing on my own. She takes the vegetables from the refrigerator and washes it. She takes the cutting board and washes it too. She starts cutting the onion. Her fingers are short and it looks too cute.

I keenly observed her every activities. We both finish cooking and arranges the food on the dining table. Sreedevi keeps two chapati in her plate and add a little amount of kuruma to the side of it. She tears a larger part of the chapati and rolls it. She dips it in the kuruma and eats it. There is no fancy in her chewing method and I cant help but chuckle at it.

She looks at me confused and I pretend like looking at my phone. After finishing the dinner, she washs her hands and mouth and wipes her hands on her hip.

She walks to her bedroom and fetches her night clothes for bath. I follow her and wait at the doorstep. She turns but jerks seeing me on the doorstep. She raises her eyebrow asking 'what'.

"Illa.. Veliya romba sooda iruku.. Athaan AC... " I drag.

She nods and walk to the restroom. I jump on to the bed and pretend like sleeping. She comes out of the bathroom after 15 minutes dressed in a silk nighty after a body wash.

She sits on the dressing table and apply some cream on her hands, face and neck. Her hands look so smooth and I close my eyes tightly and shake away my unwanted thoughts. But my eyes betray me. I half open my eyes. She talks out the thali chain from inside her dress and let it hang outside. She combs her hair and braids it neatly. She switchs off the light and walk to the bed. She lies beside me and her fresh fragrance hit my nostrils.

She covers herself with duvet and close hee eyes keeping her palms under hee cheeks.

It was a long day for me until my eyes fell on her. She is going to be my entertainment for the next 29 days.

-

A very big sorry for not updating for so long. Got stucked up with college records😿.

I dont know how this chapter is.

Lets see if Sreedevi is going to be just an entertainment for Ajay or more than that😉.

The story will go in a slow pace please bear with me.