ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ

Ajay

It would be a surprise to everyone.

Devadarshini Maam opened the door and both Sreedevi and Devadarshini Maam gasped. Devi looked at me and then at her.

"Heyy.." Devadarshini maam touched her temple trying to recall.

"Sreedevi" Devi said with a smile.

"Yeah Sreedevi..." She smiled and hugged her. Devi awkwardly hugged her back. She isn't a hugger. I know.

"Epdi irukka?" Maam pinched her cheeks.

"Nalla iruken neenga epdi irukinga?" She asked politely.

"Naa nalla iruken da" she turned to me "Yen da nee varuvanney naa ethirpakala.. Ithula un wife ah kootit varuva nu naa sathyama ethirpakala da" she said and I smiled.

"Ulla vaanga da" she invited us inside.

Devi and I went inside her flat only to be welcomed by a bunch of our office mates and Darshini Maam's friends. Sreedevi was visibly confused seeing everything. I just smiled. Devadarshini maam called her husband by her side and introduced Devi to him.

"Oh maranthuten" I slapped my forehead "Happy wedding anniversary Maam and Sir" I forwarded the gift to them.

"Thank you" they said in unison getting the gift from me.

"Wedding anniversary ah?" Sreedevi asked aloud.

"Ama da" Deva darshini maam laughed.

"15th wedding anniversary" came a voice from behind me. It was Prabhakaran sir. I gave him a sidehug.

"Vera enna ma solli kootit vanthaan?" He asked Devi.

"Onum sollala" she muttered inaudibly.

"Naa surprise ah kootit vanthen sir" I said.

"Ohhhh" they chorused.

I wanted to introduce her as my wife to whoever I knew. I wanted to tell the whole world that this beautiful lady is my wife. I wanted to let every single person I know, to know that I am in love with someone who means everything to me. When Devadarshini ma'am asked me to join the party, I found it to be the best chance to introduce her.

"Ana intha party anniversary ku mattum illa.." Prabhakaran sir said and I frowned.

"Yeah" Ma'am cooed "Namma case la jeyichitom" she said and howled.

I suddenly don't feel anything. Devi is smiling at me, but I don't feel like smiling. If it was a month ago, I would have jumped around thinking I can go for job again but now going for job doesn't excite me. It feels empty inside me.

"Ipo santhoshama da?" Prabhakaran sir asks patting my shoulders and I just fake a smile.

Devi frowns at me. I smiled at her.

Devadarshini maam, her husband and Prabhakaran sir moved away when another guest showed up. I looked at Devi who was looking around the people in the house. I found Megha and her friends standing by a corner drinking something. She hasn't seen me yet. I smirked and dragged Devi with me to her. One of her friend saw me and patted her shoulder to get her attention. Megha finally turned around showing her makeup face and beamed at me.

"Hey Ajay.. How are you?" She asked me.

"I am good Megha. How are you?" This is going to be the first and last time she is gonna see this side of mine.

"Aww I am fine" she glanced at Devi and looked her from top to toe.

Devi was looking at her with a smile.