ᴛʜɪʀᴛy ꜰᴏᴜʀ

April 19, 2019.

Ajay

Why does it ache like my head is splitting into two?

I wake up pressing my temples. I looked around and found myself on devi's bed but she is nowhere around. The harsh sun rays hit the room through the window. I tried to remember what happened last night and the last I can recollect is Sarath and Rakesh pestering me to have more drinks talking about some random topics.

I shut my eyes tightly and groaned to the pain. The door of the room opened revealing Devi who had a glass in her hand and a scowl on her face. She stormed inside the room and kept the glass on the side table with a bang. I looked at her shocked. Passing me a glare, she walked around and went to the balcony without speaking anything to me.

I looked at the glass, it was lemon juice. I shook my head trying to remember and some vague images of me dancing, krishnan uncle carrying me, and an infuriated face of Devi flashed in my brain. I kept my hands on my head in disbelief. I have went overboard yesterday and she is angry on me for it.

I gulped the lemon juice in a go. I was stinking. I quickly took a pair of T-shirt and tracks and left to the washroom, not knowing how to face her again. I quickly brushed my teeth and bathed. Exiting the washroom, I wiped my face with the towel and found Devi arranging the bedspread.

I sauntered towards her, she glanced at me but averted her gaze and aggressively pulled the bedsheets. She had a straight face and it scared me to even near her. I tried to call her but only air escaped my lips. Clearing my throat, I called,

"De.. Devi?"

She grabbed the empty plastic bottle that was on the side table and threw it away angrily towards the door. I jerked back shocked at her action.

Aathadi aatha...

She is extremely outraged and it would be no wonder if she punch on my face. She spread out a new bedsheet on the bed and started making the bed. I ambled towards her and stood beside her gulping nervously.

"Devi?"

No response.

"Devi? Sorry ma"

She paused on her action but continued after a second. I sighed and touched her shoulder but she wiggled out and moved to the opposite side. It broke me seeing her moving away, without even sparing a glance at me. Regret flooded in my brain. I regret everything I have done last night though I dont remember half of them. I don't even know if I have misbehaved with her.

I moved towards her side and called her again but she went deaf to my pleadings.

"Devi ma.. Please ma.. Sorry ma.. " I caught her hand but she pulled it away harshly "Othukuren.. Kudichathu thappu thaan.. Sorry ma" I said.

"Kudikrathu ok Ajay.." She turned facing me "Ana oru manushan ipdiya kudipaan? Enna panrom enga irukom-ngrathu kooda theriyatha alavukka kudipanga?"she yelled.

I shut my eyes feeling defeated.

"Kudikarana vida mosama kudipinga nu sonnapo nambala.. Ana ipo nambeeten.. Pesave pesareethinga Ajay en kitta" she shouted and walked past me.