ꜰᴏʀᴛy

Sreedevi

I was right when I said my efforts didn't go waste!

My hips did tempt him. I blushed thinking of his naughty side as I washed my hands after the meal. My mother in law dragged me with her to eat lunch so I couldn't eat with my husband who is busy inside the auditorium.

I walked to the exit of the auditorium without waiting for my mother in law who was busy chatting with a lady. Abirami was standing by the exit. She smiled at me. I smiled back.

She was indeed beautiful. Beautiful black eyes adorned with kajal, long nose with a ring nosepin, dusky skin, long wavy hair and a beautiful smile. Se was taller and slim. I dont feel a tiny amount of insecurity but immense happiness. The happiness you feel seeing aesthetic things. She felt aesthetic for me.

"Sreedevi..." She caught my hands "Ungala meet panathula romba santhosham.. Actual ah Ajay kalyanam pannathu kooda enak therila" she laughed.

I smiled "Ungala meet pannathula naanu romba santhosha padren Abirami"

She smiled "Enna panringa?"

"Naa Physics Teacher ah iruken for high school students.. Neenga?"

"Naa inga thaa oru MNC la work panren" she said.

"Sreedevi polama da?" My mother in law came from behind.

Abirami's face changed seeing her. I noticed the same reaction on Aunty's face. It felt odd. Abirami averted her gaze and quickly said a bye to me before disappearing into the auditorium.

I turned around and smiled at Aunty who faked a smile and looked at the direction Abirami went and back at me.

"Ya.. Yaaru athu?"

That question made me frown. Ajay has told me that he used to bring Abirami home so Kavitha aunty must know her.

"Ungaluk theriyatha aunty? Nalla yosich paarunga"

She shook her head slowly not sure.

"Enna sollit iruntha unkitta?" She asked and that made me frown more.

"Summa thaan aunty pesnom.. Avunga Ajay oda friend" I said observing her expressions.

A wave of relief washed over her face "Ohh.. Ama naa thaa maranthurpen" she smiled and dragged me to the auditorium.

There is something fishy. Kavitha aunty clearly knew who she was and it was evident that she was pretending to not know her. Why was she curious to know what we were talking. I stop midway realising something.

Aunty has something to do with the breakup! But I don't think I should dig more into this. The chapter of Ajay and Abirami is closed. I don't have to rekindle something that is of no use. By now, I know Ajay's mother is the one who made Abirami change her mind. But I am neither going to ask her nor tell Ajay about this. It is just like filling water to an inverted pot. No use.

And now that I want my husband all for myself. I dont want him to ponder over his ex anymore.

I looked for Abirami but Ajay appeared before me and said she left few minutes ago. Ajay was still having that naughty smile on his lips. Trying my best not to blush, I ignored him and that smile and walked away. I twisted my head back and saw him still staring me with that same smile. His eyebrows jumped before he threw a wink at me. My jaw literally dropped at his action. I looked around to see anybody noticing. How dare he tease me with people around.

I will show you someday Ajay.

My mother, father and Vinay were leaving. Geetha was crying hugging Garki. I don't remember me crying on my wedding day. I was like intoxicated by weed or something. I wasn't myself that day trying to process things that were happening around me.