ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ ꜰɪᴠᴇ

Ajay

All I need is her, however bad my mood is.

"Ennaachu maa" she asked me caressing my hair.

I contemplated on whether to tell her or not, but then I decided to tell her anyway. She is my wife, my everything, I can make her understand. I stared at her.

"Devi maa.. Innaik enna aachu theriyuma?"

"Ennachu? Innaik vela olunga pogalaya?" She asked.

"Ath illa maa.. " I dragged. Can I just tell her that my whole upset mood was because of nothing but Reba?

"Enna nu sollu jayy.. Naa iruken"

"Illa ma.. Inaik enak konjo kashtam ah pochu.. Reba thaan.." I started with a hint.

"Reba ku enna achu?" This might be the first time, Devi addressing her without the 'office' tag.

I took a deep breath and told her what happened today.

Though I missed my Devi, the day was going good actually. Our company has started fresh. The Ceo never expected that we would win the case, so he fired all the employees except my team and managers. So interviews for appointing new employees to our company were happening in the office. We didn't have much work other than convincing the clients. I felt bored and texted devi occasionally. My team members Sneha, Karthik, Vimal, Sooraj, Tanya were there on time except Reba. I guided them but at the same time wondered why Reba was absent.

"Tanya?" I stopped by her chair and seeked her attention.

"Yes Ajay?" She looked up at me.

"Where is Reba?" Its not like I was dying to see her, She hasn't informed me that she is going to take leave.

"She has asked for half day permission Ajay. She will be here within half an hour" she said.

"But she didn't inform me"

"She has asked permission to the manager directly. It was an emergency"

"Okay" I moved to my cabin in deep thoughts.

Fifteen minutes later, Reba came rushing to the office. I went back to my work without minding her. As time passed, I felt like drink a coffee and moved to the cafeteria. As I filled a cup of coffee, I saw Reba beside me. She wasn't expecting me there and suddenly she was regretting coming to the cafeteria. She gave an awkward smile and tried to walk away but I stopped her.

"Coffee kudikala..?" I asked when she turned to me.

"Haa.. Yeah" she whispered meekily and filled a cup of coffee for herself.

I sipped my coffee and walked along with her to the end of the cafeteria where anybody could watch the city through the glass walls.

"Yen half day leave?" I knew it was unimportant to ask her but I was just curious.

"Ummm.." She avoided looking at me. "Rohan oda TC vaanga ponen.. School la"

I frowned. "TC?"

"Yeah.. Hkm" she cleared her throat "I'm.. Um.. I'm moving to Bangalore next month.. Inga resign panniten"

"What??" I asked in shock.

"Yeah intha month thaa irupen.." Her smile didn't reach her eyes.

"Yen dhideernu?" I asked in a low voice.

She didn't say anything but kept staring her coffee for a long time.

"Reba-"

"I don't want to be here Ajay" she said still looking at her coffee.