ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ

Ajay

I should not stop with a lunch probably.

I watch Sreedevi who was looking around the restaurant tapping her fingers on the table. We decided to have lunch outside as it was already late. I was searching for a better restaurant with great ambience for the past half an hour which was so unusual of me. I was so confused of my behavior because I never cared the ambience of hotels. But then I realised, it was my first ever lunch outside with Devi and my subconscious mind wanted the lunch to be the best in every aspects.

I finally pulled the break in front of The Palmshore Restaurant. A four seater table was free. We washed our hands and sat on the seat beside each other. The seat was near the glass walls giving a view of the busy city.

"Night vantha nalla irukum la?"

I asked her looking through the glass walls. Sreedevi who was looking outside tilted her head towards me and frowned questioningly.

"Night intha building ellam lights potrupanga ma.. Nalla irukum" I added.

"Ohh" she nodded.

The waiter arrived with a menu. Sreedevi surfed through the menu.

"Ungaluk enna venum?" She asked me.

"Unak enna venu?" I asked her back.

"Neengale ethavuth sollunga"

I took the menu and roamed my eyes over the booklet.

"Mutton mandi ok va?" I asked her.

"Okay" she nodded cluelessly.

"Dho mutton mandi" I said to the North Indian waiter pointing two fingers.

He noted it. "Aur kucch?"

I blinked.

Ek dho theen thavara namaluk vera ethuvum theriyathe.

"Enna solran?" I whispered to Sreedevi.

She chuckled and whispered back "Vere ethavuth venuma nu kekuran"

"Ohh"

I looked back at the menu. "Kebab?"

"Mmm" she nodded again placing her fist under her cheek.

"Ok dho chicken kebab"

"Thik hai.. Aapka order thoda der se aa saktha hai" he said and went away.

"Accha" I nodded totally clueless of whatever he said.

Sreedevi laughed.

"Seri seri sirikatha.. Enna sollit poraan?" I asked her.

"Sapadu vara konjam late aagum nu sollit poraan"

"Ohh"

"Ama athu enna mandi?" She asked me confusingly.

"Oh mandi saptathu illaya?"

She shook her head.

"Arabian dish athu.. Intha restaurant la romba famous.. Kerala layum famous"

"Ohh"

"Restaurant ellam poyi sapta thane teriyum?" I teased her.

She glared me and raised her hand to beat me but I caught her hand and held it under the table.

"Public" I whispered.

She looked around the restaurant and stayed calm. She twisted her lips and looked away annoyed.

I left her hand and bit my lips to stop smiling seeing her annoyed face. It wasn't getting thoda late as the waiter said but bada late.

💁🏻‍♀️ - Its bahut by the way.