ꜰᴏʀᴛy ꜰɪᴠᴇ

April 25, 2019.

Akash

Enna innum aala kanom..

I kept looking the gate hugging the pillar standing by the corridor anticipation a certain person's arrival. Its been 19 days since I saw her. Its open day, as I have completed my 10th std, I don't have any business here but still I accompanied my parents who came to check my younger sister's results.

"Aakash nee variya illaya?" My mother tugged my shoulders.

"Maa avaloda result paaka naa yen ma varanum... Primary block la first floor la thaa ava classroom.." I said annoyed.

"Athu engaluk theriyum.. Nee thane vanthe aaganum nu adam pudicha apro en inga nikura?" My father asked.

"Appa naa ennoda Teachers ellam paathu pesanum pa.. Neenga ponga pa" I said.

"Ivan kekka maatan.. Dhanya nee vaa" My father dragged my mother along with my sister to her classroom.

I felt someone patting my shoulders. I turned to see John sir looking at me with a straight face. I controlled the urge to roll my eyes and raised my eyebrows at him.

"What are you doing here?" He asked tying his hands behind.

"Thangachi kooda vanthen" I mirrored his action by tying my hands behind.

"Ohoo" he raised his eyebrows.

"Ahhh" I kept that attitude.

He nodded curtly and left to the staffroom.

"Periya ivan nu nenappu" I pulled my tongue out behind him.

"Deii Aakash eyy"

I tilted my head to see Joel my buddy. I hugged him tightly and bumped our fists spreading it out. He too had no business here, but I requested him to come over and he did the same.

"Sreedevi vanthutangala" he asked.

"Sreedevi varala oru moodevi thaan vantuchu" I said looking at the way John sir left.

Joel made a face confused but both of our attention was caught by a black car that entered the school premisis. Our head went to the direction the car went. A man was driving and Sreedevi miss was sitting on the passenger seat. I grinned widely seeing her. He stopped the car facing the school. She got out of the car, corrected her saree and opened the back door fetching the papers and her bag. She bend down to the window and said something to that man and walked towards us.

I pushed Joel behind me and stood front so that she could see me as the first thing when she enters. She smiled widely seeing me and came towards me. She was wearing a turquoise blue plain cotton saree paired to a white blouse. Her hair was set free, some of them from either side clutched in the middle. She has worn a black wrist watch, a black hand bag, a kutty black bindi on her friend and a tiny silver jhumka. She had a hell lot of papers in her hands. It felt like Jessy jumped out of the movie Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya and was walking towards me.

"Heyy Akash" she ruffled my hair.

I shrugged my shoulders feeling shy.