Chapter 7

Alexa POV

Waking up I felt so...energetic. I was questioning what happened to make me feel this way, then suddenly last night dawned on me. I kissed my boss, hell I almost did more than that! I, for some reason, couldn't resist the pull he had on me. I guess you could say I was desperate for attention. Or his attention. Okay I'm a little crazy but hey, I'm a little frustrated.

I hop out of bed and head down to the kitchen. I find that no one's in yet so I quickly make my way over to the fridge and pull out some eggs, sausage, fruits, and biscuits. Guess I'll just be making breakfast for people.

Once I have everything started I turn my phone on and find a Pandora station. Once I hear 7/11
By Beyonce I immediately start to jam.

"Shoulder side ways, smack it smack it in the air!" As I'm moving from side to side I feel a tug on my shirt causing me to jump slightly and quickly turn. I see no one. Then I look down and see Joelle,"Hi Jojo!"

"Hi, can I help?"

"Why sure, why don't you go..." I trailed looking for her something to do. "Set the food on the counter and make sure it's neat and pretty okay?"

"Okay!" She speeded off. "Slow down Jojo!" I scold her. I started to get back in my groove, bouncing around and shaking my rump when I bump into something big, strong, and God it has one delicious smell. I squeal and hold my spatula up to defend me. I hear a hearty chuckle abrupt into the air and peek one eye open to see Roman with a sexy smirk on his face.

"Sorry to scare you but in a defense situation your best weapon is a spatula? Against me?" He chuckles some more and I start to get offended.

"Well excuse me Mr Roman, there happens to be a millions things I can do with this here spatula."

"And what's that?"

"Make sure Roman Jr has no more kids." And I watched as his face drained and that caused me to burst out into a fit of laughter.

"T-that wasn't funny I was actually frightened!" He exclaimed. I started to giggle so much. So much that I didn't realize Roman closing in on me until I was caged between the counter and his body. My breath hitches in my throat as we stare deeply into each other's eyes. My body temperature increasing rapidly. His eyes flicker between my eyes and my lips causing me to lick my lips involuntarily.

I felt our lips literally a centimeter apart when we hear,"I'm done!" We jump away from each other faster than you can say Chicken.

"Uh...done with what sweetheart?" Roman after clearing his throat.

"Setting up the table."

"Oh...good girl now you go um...get seated and we'll be in there shortly."

"Ok daddy!" She exclaimed before running off to the dining room. I just stood there awkwardly trying to figure out what to do after our almost kiss. Our second kiss!

"Well uh...look I'm sorry for being straight forward with you like that, I was out of line. I um...God how do I put this, Will you g-go out with me?" I can admit I'm a little shocked at his question.

"Well I, sure Roman I wouldn't mind going on a date with you. You're just as harmless as me." I playfully hit his chest. "But please try to hold onto your kisses, I felt like I was going to have a heat stroke." He chuckles awkwardly.

"Yeah I've um always had a unnatural body temperature." We finish up in the kitchen and join Jojo at the table.

The breakfast was mostly a comfortable silence with the exclusion of a rambling Jojo. And being that I agreed with Roman to work from home on weekends, I get dressed casually just in case I have to run out for a few things. Deciding on a plain black v-neck and a pair of acid wash high waisted jeans and black converses.

Once I'm done getting ready I walk out my room to seek Roman's home office. Do you know how weird it is to walk be random people in this house and they just nod at you and not look you in the eye? It's like they're trying to show...respect? But why would they? I'm not special.

"Alexa!" I hear Mr Reigns call out causing me to speed up my pace and find the sound of his voice.

"Alex- oh there you are, I was starting to think you forgot we still have work."

"No I just got lost trying to find a room I've never been in. What's wrong with all the workers in your house? They seem to not look me in the eye as if they're... scared." He visibly stiffen.

"They are probably just a little unfamiliar with a new comer. I'll handle it." I choose not to push it any further and focus on the task at hand.

Roman POV

Just being in the same room with her was driving me insane. Every time we touched in the slightest way it would send my wolf into a frenzy. Although the office was fairly big I couldn't help but feel as though the walls were closing in on us and we were getting closer. Too close. I wanted safety for her, because if my wolf took in her scent and her touch in this small area...he'll take over.

God look her, so beautiful. And her ass, holy Fuck man I just wanna-

Will you shut up! I yell at him, my wolf is such a Damn visual dog.

Aye you ass I'm no dog! He yells back, I snicker at him. Though he is right, my mate is bent over retrieving some files. Just the sight makes me stiffen in my pants. Her and those Damn tight ass jeans!

"Roman!" She startled me from my fantasy.

"Huh? I'm so sorry what is it?"

"I said it late and we're done, I'm gonna go eat and then I'm gonna head to bed."

"Oh yeah, I'll be down in a moment you go ahead." I watch as she sways her hips as she walks out. Damn her!

Don't curse our mate! If you weren't such a p*ssy and didn't get so nervous, she'd be in our bed! You need to step your game up man! My wolf scolds.

I scoff even though I know he's telling the truth and he's wounded my pride. ASS! I yell back before finishing up and heading downstairs to the dining area. I see Alexa seated across from Jojo and the others are seated at the tables of the dining hall. Once they notice my entry they immediately stop eating and all chorus,"Afternoon alpha Reigns." I try not to wince fearing Alexa will question me later. I simply nod my head and head over to the head of the table.

Once the food is served Alexa asks me," How come I get this yet everyone has a million pieces of food on my plate? That's a lot of food! And I thought I could eat, even your daughter puts me to shame." She pours and I can help but chuckle. I don't notice the room get eerily quiet until I've calmed down. My pack knows I don't laugh very often, I don't remember laughing at all once I became alpha. Seeing it now must be a miracle.

"Lexa everyone here has an appetite because they all have very fit life styles. As for Jojo She plans on growing really fast so she eats a lot for more energy." I half lie.

"Oh Kay..." She drops the subject and we move along enjoying our diner. It's about time for Alexa to head to bed and on my way to my room I walk her to hers. Standing at her do it just waiting for one of us to utter a word. I quickly peck her lips and pull away to see her semi shocked face.

"Good Night Lexa."

"G-good night R-Roman." She quickly dashes in her room closing the door. Oh how I wish I could go lay with her tonight. But after what happened last night that was out of the question. I almost released my wolf on her, and he was ready to mark her as his. Oh how lucky I was that she didn't ponder around, I might've scared her away for life and me nor my wolf could ever handle such a thing like that. I turn and make my way to my room and get ready for bed. One day she will be mine!

Ours!

Ok ours! I chuckle at my overly possessive wolf before knocking out for the night.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Thanks for reading luvs!

Vote
Comment
Follow
Share✨✨✨✨