Chapter 19

Lexa POV

I wake to the sound of Roman's alarm clock going off beside the bed. Roman groans slamming his hand on it, almost breaking the darn thing. He pulls his arm back and tightly grip my wast thinking he was going to go back to sleep. I quickly pop myself out of bed and stretch about to head for the door. That is until Roman grabs my wrist.

"Wait, babe where you going?" He asks before yawning.

"What you mean? We have to go to work, now get up and get ready." I say before trying to retreat again, but he only tightens his hold.

"You don't wanna take a shower with me?" He gives me his puppy dog eyes and I will myself to look away sighing dramatically.

"Fine! Let me go get my clothes and I'll come back and get clean with you." He practically jumps out of bed and rushes into the bathroom cheesing. I roll my eyes playfully before heading down the hall to my old room. Today at the office we were having some interns come in to meet with the head of the company and me to see how an everyday work day is for us. I'm not much of a teacher person so I'll let Roman do all the talking while I just sit back and do what I do everyday.

After picking out my outfit, I head back to OUR room and lay my things out on the bed. Hearing the water running, I proceed to strip as I make my way into the bathroom. My visual when I get in there is him whistling while washing is hair in the currently fogged shower. I open the for and step in front of him, proceeding to grab something's and start to clean. By this time, Roman has stopped whistling and his overall movement. I turn back to see him eyeing me hungrily, and not only that...Leati was there also. Now I knew I had too keep control of my witch, who was trying to push through,  before we both ended up doing something we regret later.

"Leati."

"Lexa." He growls, placing his hands on my waist. I feel my sex start to heat at the simple sound he made. Damn it! So much for trying to remain in control.

"Leati, what do you want?" He pulls back and pouts down at me.

"Why do you assume I always want something?" I give him the really look and he chuckles. "Well, I've been wondering since I have seen Aria in a while-"

"No, now bring back Roman, we have work today." He huffs.

"What!?! Why not!?!"

"Hold up! Who you think you talking to!?!" He doesn't step back, instead he steps up.

"I'm talking to you and as your Alpha, I-"

"Cut the Alpha bullshit Leati, we are not in public. I am your equal! You know what, you can enjoy the rest of this shower by yourself. Be ready to go in 30." I say climbing out.

"Alexa!" I ignore him, storming out to the bathroom to get dressed. Roman, I can sit and have a decent conversation with. As for his wolf, he's really starting to work my nerves with this alpha BS. If you tell me that your mate is your equal, how the hell do you expect me to fall to my knees just because you TELL me to?

I was pulling on my underwear when he stepped out and went over to the closet. "Lexa." I perk up while pulling on my skirt. I knew this was Roman.

"Yes?" He peeks out the closet door with a confused expression on his face. "What?"

"I just, thought you were upset with me and you sound so...happy?" I giggle, he probably thinking bipolar.

"Roman I am upset, but it's because of what Leati said not you." I see his shoulders relax before he heads back into the closet.