Chapter 11

Alexa POV

I woke with a smile on my face, and a weight lifted off my shoulders. Sorta. I still lived in a house with wolves, but I trusted Roman's words last night that they were indeed here to protect me.

I couldn't deny that I was a little excited for today's date with Roman. Hopefully he wouldn't cancel like last time and avoid me like the plague again because I had no problem rejecting him. If he were to hurt me in anyway again, he was dead meat!

I climbed out of bed and headed to the bathroom to clean up for the morning. I didn't know when Roman wanted me to go back to work. All I knew was that I was fully capable of returning and the fact that I was his mate was NOT gonna change anything. I've worked hard for my independence and I'll be damned if I gave it up for some man.

After cleaning up, I pulled on my Nike outfit (in mm) and grabbed my phone and water bottle before heading downstairs to the kitchen.

"Morning." I announced to the people in the kitchen already. I spotted Dalton and waved to him. He sent me a shy smile back before finishing his meal. While I was filling my water bottle with water from the fridge, a medium growl erupted in the kitchen. I jumped and turned to find Roman staring right at my ass. He looked up at my face before huffing and charging over to me.

Without warning, he lifted me over his shoulder and carried me out of the room to the living room.

"Roman what the he-"

"Why the hell are you wearing that?" He interrupted.

"What do you mean? I'm going for a run!"

"Alone!?!"

"I planned on it! Why are you stressing over every single thing Roman!?! It's really starting to-"

"I'm trying to protect you. I need to know where you are at all times if you're outside of this house."

"Protect me from what? This is absurd!"

"From other wolf packs. You bare my mark and my scent so my enemies target you. They could come from absolutely anywhere and that's why I need to know where you are. So that we could scope out that area and make sure you aren't in danger."

"I'm still going on my run." He sighs before saying, "Sure, go ahead." And with bottle in hand, I make my way out the door. Starting on the trail, I listen to the sounds of the out doors and instantly relax. This is refreshing...

Time went by and I was getting tired, so I stopped in the middle of a vacant rode that separated the woods. Pulling my bottle water up for a sip, I hear the sound of branches breaking and leaves rustling by me. I look over to the woods and see...nothing. Yet a curious part of me convinced me to walk over and see if I could find anything. Crazy right?

After searching aimlessly for the root of the noise, I turned to return back home. I stopped short when this huge ass wolf appeared. I'm talking scary! With its big muscular build under its dark brown fur. It's eyes looking awfully familiar with it's golden rimmed blues.

I backed away in caution once the huge animal took a step towards me. He whimpered and huffed before lowering his head. Then this feeling of calmness took over and I suddenly felt safe to approach him. I found myself a mere few inches from the top of his head, when he bows in front of me and whimpers again.
Why isn't he just a big teddy bear!?!

His sudden growl causes me to pull away and fall back on my butt.

"Umph!" I watch as he disappears behind a tree and these weird bone cracking noises sound from behind it. Next thing I see is now burn into my memory. Roman appears from behind the tree completely naked and with a frontal swing. He was HOT, no lie! I covered my eyes quickly and screech.