First.

After a tiring day at work, I and Kane went to a bookstore as we both had books we needed to get. He went straight to the fiction area and got a book called 'The City of Shadow and Nightmares'. I, on the other hand, got a book about the Roman Empire and the. Kane just ignored it because we were both nerds and then we both went home. 

I decided that I needed to check if my base was safe. It was necessary, the home dimension was safest but that meant that it was relatively safer than the other dimensions I had found. Some wolves could attack and all that loot would call around to the monsters and beasts in that dimension. I realized that I hadn't practised fighting in a long time so today I'd be clearing out the area around my little house.

I changed dimensions and the world fell around me as I performed an impossible feat. I looked at my haven. I'd used trees from an alcove I'd found the first time I came here because that alcove had saved me. And everything else was from various trips to OW's. The cabin's walls were lined with weapons I'd found over time. From an axe to the latest bow I'd found. Bows were my worst weapon not because I had terrible aim but because of how long it took to get another arrow nocked and to shoot it seemed like a terrible waste of time. I could just use my speed and get in behind the enemy lines. 

I picked up Phantom, a special sword I found after I rescued a small burrow of dwarves from monsters. They made Phantom especially for beast types because its ability created a special smoke that blinded any beasts but allowed my visibility to increase 3-fold. 

I was wondering why I felt so happy and calm for such a long time when it hit me. I forgot Joy back home. I immediately jumped back into my actual house to see her flying around the room looking for me and the moment she saw me she started to attack me.
"I'm sorry Joy."

"SORRY?! You're sorry, huh? Then it's all forgiven"

"Really?"

"No you dumb idiot, you left me. I was so worried that you'd been kidna-... that you got lost somewhere" Her voice broke off but it was obvious she was going to say kidnapped. I didn't want to pry so I changed the topic to something embarrassing about her.
"You were worried about me?" I said in the most mischievous voice I could manage

"What??! No, I wasn't. I was worried I'd lost the person I was leeching off of." She exclaimed.

"Oh, I see."

"Where did you go anyway?"She asked me.

"I went to my dimension." I said.

"Yo- You... You have your dimension?"Her voice sounded incredulous for some reason.

"yea so? Is it that weird for me to have my dimension?"
"I mean yea, usually people don't have their dimension ya know." I could feel her get angry for some reason.

"Yea but with my powers, it's a given that I needed someplace to hide in...

A safe haven of sorts."She didn't know the meaning of these words. It was like an inside joke that only I knew.

"Ok. I'd like to see that."
"Great. So what do you wanna do now? "
She looked at me as if I was an idiot for some reason. Then I realized that it was because I was.

"You wanna see my dimension right now?"

"Hmm, sure I have no problem with that."

This pixie would be my death. I thought that I'll kill her one day but alas today was not that day. I took Joy in my hand and then I was back in my cabin. She flew out of my hand and started inspecting everything she could find. I loved the look in her eyes as she breezed through the cabin. She seemed so excited I didn't wanna interrupt her until she started to touch my weapons at which point I had to stop her.

She would've jumped out of her body when I remembered that I had to clear out the surrounding area for loot. I headed towards something that didn't stand out but was still the weirdest thing in there- a pair of ladders placed carefully in a corner so that it didn't stand out.

 I climbed up the ladders to the roof of my cabin and then performed a series of manoeuvres that may have been hard at one time but now I could do it without even thinking about it and I once again touched the ground of this place. It had been a long time.

There was another exciting function that the dwarves had input into Phantom which would've sent a shock into my body that let me know in which direction monsters were, so if I was beaten up I could run away and if I was hunting I'd know exactly where to go. I started towards the right with a certain irritating pixie following me. She would have to be careful as some beasts were dangerous for her and I couldn't have her slowing me down. 

Right then I felt a strong tug from the sword which meant that the resident beasts were headed this way at high speeds. I told Joy, "Oy, Shut up and get behind me."

She seemed hurt but I didn't have time to worry about my pixie. The hellhounds appeared in front of me. 

918 words