Chapter 12

It was that time of year. Everyone was constantly out doing jobs and getting jewels. Natsu, Mika and Happy had teamed up deciding to split the money for harder jobs even though Natsu claimed he could do them by himself. Unknowingly to Mika, Natsu just wanted to have Mika in his presence. He couldn't explain why but he felt close to her. More than before she constantly went to jobs. Unbeknownst to Natsu, however, Mika felt the exact same way. They gravitated towards each other like magnets to metal, Moths to a flame. Neither were sure if it was because he saved her so many years ago or if they missed each other for so long. The truth was,

They were falling head over heels for each other.

Hard and Fast.

Every day they spent together ended in the other falling asleep thinking of them. Mika and Natsu at night, constantly had the other on their minds falling asleep with a smile. Happy saw the difference in his best friend. He seemed more energetic than usual when he woke up. Mika couldn't tell a difference other than wishing to be woken up in someone's arms. Natsu being naïve, thought that it was because he saved her and had the urge to protect her. Mika, being smarter than that, knew what she felt. She knew she was falling fast. She wasn't sure what made her fall. Maybe it was his pink hair. His beautiful smile. The care he has for his guildmates. Maybe it was his determination. She didn't know. The only thing she did know at this moment was she wanted to be with him more than she was. She wanted to hold and kiss him. She just wouldn't say anything for a little while.

Natsu and Mika were walking back from an overnight mission with a sleepy Happy in Mika's arms. He ate so many fish at the restaurant they finished only minutes prior that he had fallen into a food coma. Mika looked down at the blue sleeping cat snoring slightly in her arms. She smiled slightly at the sight, never seeing him being calm, always seeing him thirsting over Carla and offering her fish only to be rejected. "I never realized he could be so quiet while sleeping." Mika said to Natsu. Natsu looked over at the girl he was starting to fall in love with then looked at his companion lying in her arms. He chuckled lowly before agreeing with her. Mika turned her gaze back towards the front of her as Natsu rambled on whatever he thought about her just listening. She loved the sound of his voice.

Mika and Natsu walked into the guild. Happy was still waking up from his small coma. Mika never knew one could be so clingy tired. The small mage cuddled up to Mika wanting warmth until he woke up. Natsu's heart leaped at the sight of the two he loves the most being adorable. It leaped and pounded in his chest. Natsu reluctantly looked away to see Erza, Master Makarov, Mirajane, and Gildarts all on the stage at the back of the guild.

Master Makarov reveals that the S-Class Promotion Trial will be held on Fairy Tail's holy island, Tenrou Island. "There will be 8 Participants." Makarov revealed. "Natsu Dragneel, Gray Fullbuster, Juvia Lockser, Elfman Strauss, Cana Alberona, Freed Justine, Levy Mcgarden, And Mest Gryder." Makarov announced. Those who had their names called were the participants and were jumping around the guild in happiness. Others, however, had stayed in their spot. Mika was one of them. She was ecstatic that her friends were up for S-class but deep down she wanted to be a participant. She wanted to become S-class. Natsu saw the look on his future lover's face. He looked back at Happy with a Dilemma. 'Do I ask Happy or Mika?' "You have until the end of the week to find a partner."

Everyone expected Natsu to choose his ride or die Happy. After a long talk with the flying cat, Natsu had asked Mika to partner up with him. Natsu explained he didn't know who to choose because He loves them both equally. He didn't expect that to fall out of his mouth Infront of his small companion. He only realized what he said when Happy started teasing him about having a crush on the storm mage. Happy could see the shine in the Fire mages eyes when he started talking about Mika. The look was undeniably,

Love.

Happy knew Natsu had fallen in love with Mika. Happy himself loved Mika to pieces almost as if she were his real mom. She treated him like a mutual not like some people who saw him in public. Growing up, flying blue cats weren't really common. He got picked on. Mika and Natsu were always 3 feet ahead of him beating the shit out of the person who said anything about the cat. From a distance they looked like a small family and they all 3 loved that. Happy wasn't upset when Natsu explained his feelings towards Mika. Happy actually pushed Natsu to ask Mika to be his partner. Happy secretly wished that the trail would end in a relationship between the two mages.

This conversation had ended Natsu knowing his feelings for sure. He knew he loved the storm mage. He walked up to Mika who was sitting at the table with Lucy and Cana. Lucy and Cana were partners for the Trail. They were talking about something with Mika putting in her two sense every once in a while. Natsu watched Gray go over to the table sitting next to Mika. Gray revealed his partner was Being Loke which brought a few questions, but they pushed it off. Natsu felt like storming over there, grabbing Mika, and walked her out of the guild. He almost did but while he was walking over there from the bar, he remembered what he was even at the guild for this early in the morning.

"Mika." Natsu said when he approached the table. He said it quite loudly because even though it was only 10 in the morning, the guild was bustling. The loudness of Natsu's voice brought not only the whole table but most of the surrounding table's attention. Mika turned her head to the very well-known voice only at her side. Natsu grabbed her arm gently lifting her from the table. He smiled at her. The smile, Mika noticed, had a hint of nervousness in it. "Natsu?" Mika asked the male. The whole table who had Erza and Happy just joining them looked at them as if it was the most interesting movie they were watching.

"D-Do you want to be my partner for the S-Class trail?"

Natsu stuttered. Natsu cussed himself out in his head as he looked Mika in her eyes looking for an answer. The table Mika had previously sat at gasped which got the whole guild staring at them. They all thought Natsu was asking the girl out, so they started egging him on yelling "Go Natsu's and Ask her out" Natsu and Mika ignored the entire guild staring into each other's eyes. Mika is looking to see if he really wants her to be his partner Natsu looking for a hint of happiness or a yes. He had Happiness in her eyes for sure, but she was so shocked that he chose her over Happy.

Happy

"What about Happy?" She asked Natsu. "He's your companion. Aren't you going to ask him?" She asked him. Natsu smiled shyly at her. "We already talked about it. He was more than happy to decline as long as you were taking his place." Mika smiled at him and turned her head to the blue cat. Happy gave her a thumbs up and she turned back to Natsu.

"Sure. I'll be your partner for the S-Class trial."