Chapter 14

Natsu stomps, mumbling about his scarf which was now black. Natsu wanted to run and look after the boy but Mika had to remind him about the mission at hand; Find Mavis's grave. They made a compromise, look for the boy while also looking for the burial. The two were so engrossed in their conversation and mission that they didn't notice people were fighting a dark guild on the sacred island. A big thud was heard, getting the attention of the two, leaving their conversation behind. Natsu and Mika looked at each other, going to run towards the cause of the sound. Once they got there, they saw Wendy, Mest, Carla, and Pantherlily defeated, barely conscious. Mika and Natsu were both pissed looking toward the possible culprits, a pretty big group of men and women from a dark guild. Mika and Natsu nodded at each other before taking off and defeating most of the group with only a few attacks, they were just that weak. 

Natsu and Mika high-fived each other getting ready to defeat the few that were left, cowering in the woods. Before they charged, a man appeared. He only smiled at the two before speaking to the cowards in the woods. "Go find Zeref. You guys are no match for Natsu and Mika." Natsu and Mika looked at each other for a split second. "Be careful Zancrow, they both are incredibly strong." A mage said in fear. Zancrow's demeanor dropped, throwing black flames at the mages in the woods. "There is no guild stronger than Grimoire Heart." He said, still pissed. "We don't need weakling like you." Mika was picking at her nails, just wanting to fight for real. Zancrow turns around and throws flames at the two. Natsu stays put but Mika moves. "Flames don't work me," Natsu stated, covered in black flames. Natsu tried to eat the flames but to no avail, he couldn't. making Mika worried a little bit as he was actually hurt by the flames. "My flames are nothing compared to your puny dragon flames. I have superior flames, I, Zancrow, Am a God Slayer."

Natsu overcomes his attack and charges at Zancrow, doing no effect as his attack is blocked. Mika can only watch the fight, the main focus on Zancrow on Natsu. Mika notices Wendy, Carla, and Pantherlily awake, Mest already has left. Mika jogs over to them, trying to help them away from the fight knowing fire is unpredictable, Natsu is a perfect representation of that. Mika ushers the group away. As she was helping the slayer and exceeds escape, her felt her shirt on fire.

"What the fuck." She said as she drenched herself in water, putting the fire out. Natsu was now angered. His future girlfriend, current Crush, and ultimately his best friend got set on fire by a dumb-ass God slayer. Natsu let out a roar, But Zancrow only eats them. Mika sees Zancrow get ready to counterattack, and as his "Fire God's Bellow" Is released, She jumps in front of Natsu creating an Air barrier, not having enough moisture in the air for water, The Barrier works at protecting them from the fire but the force of the bellow pushes Mika back, as well as Natsu who was holding onto her waist as she struggled. The Bellow was too powerful and it had knocked the both of them off the cliff. Mika fell with a huff, Natsu still holding onto her, his head in her chest. Mika paid no attention as she stopped the two of them easily by using her air. Mika and Natsu smell the air to see where they are, and they catch a Whiff that isn't pleasant, Makarov is dying. 

"We have no chance of winning this battle," Makarov says as the two dragon slayers catch up with him. Natsu says they will win, but this doesn't convince Makarov, telling the two to run. Natsu starts arguing with Makarov until a presence shows up. Zancrow is back. Zancrow mocks the small Makarov for losing to Hades. Mika and Natsu intertwine hands, both shaking in a form of fear. "Is this what fear feels like?" Natsu asked Mika. "Yes Natsu, It is. Is poor Natsu and his little girlfriend scared?" Zancrow said. They both ignore him. Mika and Natsu squeezed one another hands as if talking telepathically, Maybe they were. This fear isn't the same fear that Gildarts was talking about earlier. With hands still intertwined, Natsu envelops himself in flames and Mika makes herself the center of a tornado, still being able to see everything around her but also fueling Natsu's fire. Air fuels Fire. "We will defeat you Zancrow." Both Natsu and Mika said.

Makarov backs away from them, still wanting to see how this plays out as both are fueled by hatred for the god Slayer. Makarov reminisces a little, seeing Natsu for the first time, Seeing Mika for the first time, and then now, Both of them, holding hands determined to beat their current foe. Makarov was genuinely proud of the two of them. 

Zancrow, upon hearing that declaration, charged towards the couple. Mika and Natsu unlock hands, Natsu having the upper hand, and Zancrow focuses on Natsu, Mika uses this to her advantage, Hiding, KNowing that Natsu would create an opening for her to distract Zancrow. The two had fought alongside each other, They both were strong individually, but they worked better together, Natsu essentially being bait until Mika had her opening. Natsu then punches a tree trunk toward the god slayer. Zancrow punches through it and sends a fire grapple at the dragon. The flame is burning Natsu. Mika didn't want this to be her opening, however, she knew, deep down, that Natsu could eat that fire. She didn't know why but she knew it. Zancrow let his guard down. "Poor Natsu, Going to die. His little girlfriend was so scared, she fled even after her declaration." Mika covers herself in a light layer of water she stole from the storm coming. She grabs ahold of Zancrow, the fire evaporating her water but also lessening the damage inflicted on her by the god Slayer. "Do NOT underestimate the power of Fairy Tail bitch." Mika said in Zancrow's ears as he struggled against her. Natsu heard this, determined to get out of the prison he was in. Zancrow upped his flames, making small burns on Mika as she bit her lip in pain. 

"Natsu you fucker I know you can eat it." "It's no use doll, you and I both know he can't eat them," Zancrow said to the mage retraining him. His words were used against him as a slurping sound was heard, Natsu consuming the God Slayer's flames. Mika smiled at the pink-headed pyro. Mika loosened her grip on Zancrow, Letting him charge towards Natsu as Mika ran next to her love, Air ready to propel his roar for more flames. Natsu nodded and released it. "Dragon God's Brilliant Flame." Natsu named his attack, defeating the mage. Natsu turned to Mika and Hugged her. Mika hugged back, Confused. "Why are you hugging me?" "Without your yell, even though it was vulgar, helped me realize I COULD eat those flames." Mika only smiled, putting her head into his next, and inhaled his scent. 

Unbeknownst to Mika, the only thing Natsu thought about once his head was in her neck, is marking her. Making her his, for good. Natsu's fangs seemed to sharpen a little bit as he inhaled her scent, loving the rainy smell. Natsu bit his lip and quickly let go as the thought got stronger. Natsu knew what a Mate was, He also knew that it was certain that Mika was his, and Natsu was hers. Natsu honestly loved the thought of her being only to him. Natsu distinctly remembers Igneel talking about mates one time, as Natsu had asked if Dragons fall in love. Igneel said yes, that all Dragons were born with a Mate. "Natsu, You even have a mate." The onyx-colored eyes looked into Mika's and ignored everything for a minute. Mika was confused about why she was getting stared at. Natsu smiled at her. "I'm going to do something." Mika only nodded as Natsu grabbed her chin, lifting it up and pulling it closer to him. 

Their lips connected, and after what felt like decades, they were one. In this universe, mates don't have to have sex to get their mark. Sex makes the mark more visible and scents stronger but as long as they were one hundred percent destined to be, their mark would appear on only a kiss. Mika could have kissed as many men as she wanted and never gotten her mark, until now. 

"Nice red scale," Natsu said, rubbing his fingers over her shoulder and neck. 

"Nice White scale," She replied, rubbing her fingers over his shoulder and neck

They were destined, Mates.