Chapter 3

TW: mention of drugs

sorry it has been such a long time since I've updated, I'm on the verge of a burnout :) anyways, I'm back! I guess it's a good thing I wrote down the plot in my notebook 😉

~~~

Malia was cursing Scott under her breath. Along the way to meet up with Scott for some reason, it had begun pouring rain, it was as if the sky reflected Malia's gloomy mood. The Moon shone through the clouds surprisingly, though. Malia had parked her bike and immediately sprinted to cover. She leaned against the wall and waited for Scott and the others to show. For some reason, even though the threat was "small" (according to Scott), for some reason the Alpha had found it necessary to call multiple members of the Pack. Of course Malia found this suspicious, but did not voice her concerns, instead leaving her legs tensed as she leaned against the wall, ready to run or fight.

Malia hated the feel of wet clothes. The fabric sticking to your skin and your skin feeling damp after the removal of the clothes was highly uncomfortable. And of course there was a smell. Rain had a very distinct smell. So much so that Malia was surprised she hadn't sensed the arrival of the rain. Nonetheless, now she was soaked.

~~~

Malia shielded her eyes as two lights cut through the darkness of the night. She blinked in surprise as she felt a dull ache in her neck. I must've fallen asleep. Strange. She sat up from the ground and adjusted her shirt which had slid up in her sleep. It was still raining with the exception of wind. It blew strongly as Malia stood up. She squinted as she saw multiple figures step out from Scott's truck.

She counted at least 3. Scott, Mason, Isaac, and Corey walked up to her. She shot a pointed look at Scott and nodded toward Mason and Corey, eyebrows raised. Scott looked at her sheepishly. "Let's just say I underestimated them." Corey piped up from behind. "Derek was not happy about it." Malia shook her head and rolled her eyes.

Isaac looked at Malia, unsure. He decided to step forward to shake Malia's hand. That was a mistake. Malia snarled grabbing his hand, and flipping him onto the ground. Isaac and Malia had not seen each other in a few months, due to Malia's other crazy ex. Isaac had unknowingly hooked up with Malia's ex not knowing she was Malia's ex. Of course Alyssa only did it because she just wanted to hurt Malia. And of course poor Isaac had fell right into her trap. Unfortunately for Alyssa, it backfired making Malia think Alyssa had been cheating all along and had immediately pounced on Isaac.

After that, things had been awkward between the two after Malia ghosted the whole Pack for 2 months after going to Texas. She came back with a new hair color and a nose piercing. The Pack doesn't know what she doing down there, and they never asked. According to Malia "this and that." But that didn't explain her tattoo that said "Bailey." Malia had gotten it when she was high, and regretted it. Beacon Hills was the only place she knew that might be able to know how to remove a tattoo from a were coyote.

~~~

Derek did in fact not know. So, instead of getting it removed, she chose to cover it with makeup, where she accidentally bumped into a girl in Sephora named Talia. And Talia was beautiful. She had a long native nose, and black hair. Malia loved the way she laughed, the way she carried herself with elegance but at the same time gave off the air of someone who would go bungee jumping as a dare. She loved the way Talia knew exactly what to say and when to say it. And she respected the way Talia did not pry about where Malia disappeared to in the night.

But now Talia is gone. She felt tears pricking her eyes and cleared her throat. Isaac's hand were held out in front of him as self defense as he watched Malia carefully. It was then that Malia realized she was holding Isaac by the collar. She mentally slapped herself and dropped him. She gave him a warning glare. "Watch it." She stepped off from him as Scott and Isaac breathed a collective sigh of relief. Scott helped Isaac up by grabbing his hand and heaving him up. Scott however paused, noticing how close Isaac was to him. They looked at each other for a moment, and then Isaac cleared his throat. "Thanks." He shook his arm, dispelling the ache in his forearm where Scott was gripping it.

He walked back to the truck, not missing Corey and Mason's glance at each other. Mason slid in behind him, with Corey trailing not far behind. He blew in his hands and shook his head as he tried to dispel the water from his head. It was still pouring outside. "Soooo..." Isaac groaned. He knew where this was going. "Look leave it alone all right? Let's just wait for Erica and the others." Mason sighed but said no more. He'd seen the exact same look when his friend Liam was looking at their former enemy, Theo. He'll come around. He looked at Isaac. Both of them.

~~~

Scott joined Malia as she sat in the cover of the building. Malia shivered, surprisingly. She rarely got cold. She was tempted to shift, knowing it would warm up her temperature, but knew better. "Jeez this rain came out of nowhere." She didn't miss the way Scott's jaw tensed slightly. But it was gone as soon as it was there. He shrugged. "I know, right?" They went silent again.

Upon hearing a door slam shut, they both looked up. Looks like everyone's here. Erica sauntered forward, pulling Scott into a hug. She smiled lightly at him. She nodded at Malia. The two didn't know each other very well, but Malia knew enough about her to decide she was trustable.

Boyd walked behind her, smiling kindly. On the other side, Lydia walked forward, Stiles trailing behind her. Scott was surprised the broken down Jeep had made it. He shook hands with Boyd. "I'm beginning think this isn't just a small threat." Malia muttered under her breath. Scott heard her but chose to ignore her. "Thank you all for coming," Scott's voice carried. Mason, Corey, and Isaac got out of Scott's truck.

"As you all know, I did say was a small threat, not that it wasn't dangerous." Stiles groaned. "So please be on alert this threat may be minor, but it's more than capable of taking us down." Mason stepped forward. "So you gonna tell us what we're doing here now?" Scott raised his eyebrows. "Well, you're not supposed to be here, but anyways, there's a young woman, 18, about to turn 19, and she's been kidnapped." Lydia stirred. There hadn't been kidnappings since Jennifer.

Scott continued. "As I'm sure you can guess, we're here to rescue her." Isaac's eyebrows raised. "Wait. If this is just a regular kidnapping, why are we here? Shouldn't the cops be able to take care of it? I mean, why does it need all of us?" Scott's eyes hardened. "Because this..." he seemed to hesitate on his words. "-cult is very dangerous." "It still doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but whatever." Isaac muttered. "Look, just keep your eyes peeled, okay?" Scott sighed.

Erica shrugged. "Seems simple enough to me." "Follow me. And be careful." Scott turned and walked in, pushing the door open to the abandoned warehouse.

A/N: welp this was meant to be longer but wtv, I'm tired and I need to go now 👍 don't forget to vote and comment :)