Chapter 23

"Deaton, they were right under our noses and we had no idea. Isaac was working for Chris dammit! Chris was Hexed. And he has this crazy idea that Allison's alive. Now the Witches know we're outnumbered and "out powered". Malia's gone, what both of them are after is gone, and there's about to be a 3-way war in Beacon Hills!" Scott put his hand on Theo's shoulder. "I know it sounds bad, and is bad, but we might have something. We know where they are, and Deaton is running Liam's bloodwork. If we figure out what's affecting him, we might be able to use it against Sato-Brett's pack."

"I got it!" Deaton exclaimed walking in. The Pack had stayed at the vet, unsure where to go. The Witches knew everywhere they'd been. Thanks to Chris. "The results from Liam's bloodwork came in. I think its time you all figured out how shape shifting works in scientific terms. Alphas secrete a venom, per-se, with molecular changing cells. When bit, the cells enter the bloodstream, like a virus. Sometimes, the body rejects, sees it as harmful. It tries to expel it. That's how people die from the bite."

"Others bodies see it as bacteria. They adapt to it, and the cells multiply, replacing others. The cells, like I said, contain molecular shifting abilities. Basically, lying dormant until activated by lunar phases. When killed, the toxin in Alphas are released in the air, and like a virus, enters the bloodstream and circulation of the beta, or whoever is within a 2-feet radius, and replaces the cells that make them less than alpha." Stiles sputtered. "So you're saying, theoretically, someone can become an Alpha without killing?" 

"Theoretically, yes and no. In order for the toxin to be released, the body must be dead. Like any virus, it cannot survive without a living organism. So, theoretically, if someone were to capture the toxin, and freeze it, after leaving the body, then yes, scientifically, a person could be injected with Alpha cells. I mean, how do you think the dread doctors were able to genetically engineer supernaturals?" Theo shivered. "That's great and all, but what does that have to do with me?" Liam spoke up.

"My niece has the opposite. Her venom is like the anti- body.  It finds and seeks out those cells, and it eats at them, destroying them. It has degenerative properties. Because you were bitten, you mainly have regular human cells. Like an antibody, your body expelled the dead shape shifting cells from your system. That's what you were throwing up." Liam balked. "W..What are you saying?" Deaton sighed. "I'm saying, genetically, scientifically, you're human. Her venom is the cure. And to Born shape shifters, its lethal."

~~~

"And what's this? To what delight do I owe your mother?" He addressed the three siblings. His eyes scanned over Willow. "Miss Deaton. Long time, no see." Willow glared. "How do you know my name?" She spat. "You don't recognize your godfather when you see him? Tut-tut." Willow blanched. "Godfather? You knew my mother?" He nodded. "Correct. I knew all of your mothers." They shifted, uneasy. "Well, come in. I'm delighted to know how Satomi's been." Malia gulped, following him. 

"Satomi is dead!" Willow blurted. Deaucalion stopped. "Oh dear. She was my Soul Mate. Follow me. I should've known, I knew it was only a matter of time before she was Challenged." He led them to a dimly lit room. "Here, have a seat. Did she send you?" Willow nodded. "Malia has the card." Malia forked it over casting a look at Willow. She'd known Deaucalion, and never once had he mentioned a goddaughter. In fact, he never mentioned anyone. The Demon Wolf did not disclose much about his past. 

Deaucalion flipped the card, puzzled. "That's not my address." Confusion washed through their features. "Its backwards. He flipped the card upside down. "Its an author and reference. Niam. Its a code word. For a spell book, one of the most revered ones. Nevertheless, I know where to get it." Malia stood up. "Fantastic! Lets go!" Deaucalion shook his head. "Just you. It was given to you for a reason." Willow protested. "Look, I'll be fine. I trust him. Stay here." Willow stopped, casting him a menacing look to which he didn't flinch. "Well be back soon. Don't move, seriously. My house is full of dangers to Witches...and half Witches."