Chapter 17

Willow led Malia up the stairs to Bella, and stopped in front of her door. Nodding once, Willow knocked. Bella opened the door. "Willow?!" She did a double take. "Malia? What're you doing here?" Malia sighed. "You owe me, I'm here to cash in." Bella's eyes narrowed. "You're here...for a favor?" Malia rolled her eyes.

"Yes. Do I need to say it again?" Bella's eyes widened. "C'mon on..I guess."

~~~

Brett walked into his Pack house, the place where they had most of their important meetings, and where their Alpha, Satomi, lived. He was convinced Satomi would do something about this "dilemma". He made his way though the abandoned building. Satomi was sitting at a table, the rest of his Pack was situated in front of her. 

" Satomi!" Brett barked. This earned him a look from his older Pack members. Lori gave him a confused look. "I have reason to believe the McCall Pack is working against us." Gasps and murmurs went through the small crowd. Satomi looked at him calmly. "Proceed." 

Brett told them about the strange creature he had chased. Not full wolf, not full witch. Satomi nodded politely, letting him finish. "Brett. We cannot jeopardize 6 decades of peace over an assumption." Brett spluttered. "That's it?!" He huffed. "Fine. You want solid proof? Ask McCall. Even if he's not working against us, he definitely has something to do with this. He knows something, and he's hiding it." 

~~~

Liam was arguing with Scott at Dragon's clinic. Around the table stood the Pack. The whole Pack. Hayden, Theo, Liam, Scott, Isaac, Lydia,Erica, Kira, and Stiles. Well, almost the whole Pack. Mason and Corey were at school, where Hayden and Liam should've been but had insisted against. The two made a point not to make eye contact, refusing to even look in the same direction. 

"Scott, stop pretending. This girl is dangerous. Since the time you all tried to rescue her, things have gone wrong. Erica's an Alpha, Stiles is invisible, Lydia can't scream, Corey can shift now, Boyd can't shift now, and you are something else completely. I can't heal, and Malia's MIA. I think its obvious what's going on. They know we have her. So we need to stop sitting around and do something." 

"And I'm sick. Like, throwing up sick. I can't shift either. We need help. From someone who knows about this stuff. " The room was silent. "You're right." Scott said. "We do need help, but giving her up is not the way to do it. Dangerous or not, she's still a person." A throat cleared from the doorway . "Hope I'm not interrupting anything." 

Brett stood in the doorway,  eyes challenging. "Sounds to me like its the perfect time for you guys to get some help. You've been invited by Satomi for a meeting. " His eyes skimmed around the room, stopping on Liam's. Then he turned without a word and left. They turned to Scott. "What do we do?" Hayden asked. Scott shook his head. "Its not my decision anymore. I'm not the Alpha. She is." He gestured to Erica who shifted uncomfortably. 

"Scott, I may be an Alpha on the outside, but on the inside, I'm still a beta. And on the inside, you're still a True Alpha, and ours. You make the decision." Scott looked at all of them. "We go. After all, we don't what this is about. It could be completely unrelated to Willow. To keep the peace, we go." 

~~~ 

They were led by Brett into a room that contained Satomi and the rest of her Pack. "Scott McCall." She greeted him. "We'd like to ask you about the Creature." Damn it.  "She is a she. And I'm sorry, but I don't know where she is. But I can tell you now, she's no danger. " Brett sputtered. "No danger?! Where's Malia?" Scott shook his head. "I don't know. She hasn't been answering her cell. " Brett scoffed. "Bullshit." 

"Excuse me?" Brett continued despite whispers from the crowd. "Extremely convenient, isn't it? She just went MIA before you were invited?!" Scott sighed. "Like I said, she hasn't been picking up her cell for hours. Not even to Derek." Brett huffed. Satomi nodded politely. "I trust your judgement Scott. You and your Pack can go." He sighed in relief as he began to walk away. He stopped when growls broke out behind him. He snapped back around and was greeted with Brett running toward him. 

But he ran past Scott and grabbed Liam's elbow. Liam protested, struggling against Brett's iron grip. "Not dangerous? Fine. I'll show you dangerous. "He growled. He grabbed Liam's hand and turned it palm-side up. "You don't think she's dangerous to us? Watch this." His claws shot out, quick as lightning, cutting four clean marks through Liam' palm. With a jolt, Scott realized what Brett was showing his Pack. 

"No!" Scott yelled, but it was too late. Satomi bristled as she watched Liam's wounds drip, not healing. "She bit him. Her bite alone can strip us of what keeps us alive, our defenses!" He talked to his Pack now. "Imagine her Magic is capable of!" He yelled. "Imagine what would happen if she fell into the hands of Witches!" Shouts came from the crowd, of agreement. "They'd turn her against us! Use her against us! It wouldn't just the end of the Beacon Hill wolves, it would mean the end of our race!" 

Scott paled. "Do we want our species to be wiped out?!" "No!" The crowd yelled. "Then what do we do about it? We destroy her and the Moon Coven! We've let those Witches control us for far too long! Its time we take back our territory! We destroy them all!" The crowd was roaring now.  "What do you say Satomi?" Satomi was furious. "I say you've gone crazy. We can't start a war with the Moon Coven. They have the power!" Brett grinned. " I  had a feeling you were gonna say that. Satomi, you've gotten old. And soft. You don't know what's best for the Pack. I challenge you. You know the rules. To the death." 

The crowd went crazy. Satomi looked around. It became clear then to Scott what Bretts true intentions were. It was never about Willow. It was about power. "We've go to go. Now. " The Pack slipped out, one by one while Brett's Pack was distracted. Scott last. He glanced back, one last time, and went out, the last thing he saw being Brett's claws, slashing through the air. 

A/N: I think the story's coming along nicely now. Don't forget to comment and vote ;)