Chapter 22

"Wow. This makes me feel like I'm gonna turn the corner and see Harry Potter." They were standing next to a brick mansion. "Where are we?" Malia asked. "Nowhere. We need to go." Barry paled. Malia eyed him. "You sure? They might be able to help us." Barry groaned. "Please just listen to me. We need to go before-" a quick whish! cut through the air. Barry cut off as he stared at an open wound on his chest. "Wha..." He trailed off as he collapsed. "Barry!" Becca exclaimed as she rushed toward him.

"No!" Willow yelled. But it was too late. A fresh gash appeared on her collarbone. She collapsed. "Mmshg." Barry tried. Malia's head whipped over. "What the hell?" Her, Bella, and Willow stood back to back, facing all directions. "They're alive, but...paralyzed?" The invisible thing whooshed through the air again, cutting Bella. She fell to the ground, groaning. Willow growled, swiping at the air. "Damn." She sighed as she went down, the back of her neck sprouting fresh blood.

"Who are you?!" Malia called out, fear dotting her features. As a coyote, she'd never been afraid of death, accepting it as a normal part of the cycle of life. But now, she had a life, emotions, and a family. Dying was the last thing she wanted. She whimpered as she felt a sharp pain in her leg, holding her calf, she fell, and the world became black as her eyes slid shut, and she felt the loll of a good rest. Maybe I'll rest for a bit.

~~~

Malia woke up with a sore neck. She hissed, trying to massage it, but her hands were bound. She struggled, trying to yank her hands out of the tight knot. A voice cleared its throat nearby. Malia's head snapped up. A man was leaning on a wall nearby, watching her curiously. He had green eyes, and dark blonde hair. A few light freckles dotted his face. His hair was geled up into spikes. Malia looked around. The other four were bound in similar fashions. They were all coming to, except for Barry, who was staring wide-eyed at the man.

That's when Malia noticed another, bulkier man. He was dressed in a tux, with the tie undone. He had blondish hair like Green eyes, but he was taller with brown eyes. He was inspecting Bella. He was peering at something, A symbol on the nape of her neck. Seeming to find what he was looking for, he growled at her promptly, showing his blue beta eyes and canines. "Moon Coven." He spat. He joined the green eyed man. "Kill them." He said, dismissively. They all started yelling. The taller man advanced on Becca.

She began to twist in her chair, trying to get out. "No!" Bella yelled. She struggled in her binds. Seeming to find his words, Barry yelled out. "Jackson! Tell him to stop!" Jackson's hazel green eyes narrowed. He motioned to the tall one. "Ethan wait." He slowly walked to Barry. Malia spat. Oh hell no. You've got to be kidding me. "Jackson?! Lacrosse king, rich-as-hell, asshole lizard Jackson Whittemore?!" He looked at her. "Who the hell are you? As a matter of fact, who are all of you?"

"Beacon Hills." Jackson groaned. "Oh no. Not that shithole. What do you want? I'm not fighting death people again. And why should I trust you? You have Witches with you." He held a claw to Malia's neck. "Because Satomi sent us." She choked out. Jackson faltered. "Satomi? Anyone could know that name." Malia groaned. "God you really are insufferable. Here." She gestured to her jacket pocket with her head. "Grab it." Jackson's eyebrows raised. "You're pretty and all but you're not my type." Malia scoffed.

"Don't flatter yourself. I know you're gay. And, engaged apparently." She nodded to the gold band around his finger. "That's real gold." He boasted. He reached into her pocket, slowly pulling out the postcard. He flipped it over. He promptly cut Malia's binds swiftly. She slapped him across the face. He scoffed. "You're welcome. Listen, I'm surprised you don't know this address. Based of your choice of clothes and your attitude, I'd say you were a Hale. I'd know those glaring, grumpy looks anywhere."

"Seriously. Is that like, a family thing? Anyways, which one are you?" Malia rolled her eyes. "Oof. Gotta be closely related to Derek." She sighed. "Cousin." Jackson paused, doing the math. "Ohh, your dad was that crazy dude running around Beacon Hills as a large mutant wolf." Malia scoffed. "What?" He shook his head. "Never mind. Come with me." She stood up. "What about my friends? You can trust them. We came from Oliver." Jackson stopped. "Damn. Anyone else I should know about?"

"Nope. He your ex or something?" Jackson scoffed. "He wishes." Ethan walked up next to him. "Yeah. He could never be as awesome as me." Willow protested. Ethan had cut them all loose. "That's my cousin you're talking about." Jackson groaned. "Sorry. Is everyone here related?! Let me guess, you two are sisters?" Becca and Bella looked at each other. "Oh. My. God. Beacon Hills is like one big fuck-fest I swear. Whatever. I know who's address this is." They followed him down a hallway, and into a room. A powerful wind blew Malia's hair out.

Since she'd cut, it'd grown back, flowing down to her belly button. The thick tresses were dark brown. A swirling circle, deep purple, was in the middle of the room. The inside seems endless. Malia could see nothing but darkness. It seemed to be moving, like a living things, spinning. "Go through it. You'll find who you're looking for on the other side." "How can I trust you?"

"He's not lying. Its a portal." Barry walked up. "Um, I know you don't remember me, but I miss you. Losing you, taught me a lot of things. Later, Jackson." He stepped through. Ethan watched him. "You know him?" Jackson shook his head. "No.."

~~~

Malia ran up to Barry as he knocked on the door. "Why didn't you tell him?" Barry shook his head. "Even if I had, he wouldn't remember. My mother took his memories. Its irreversible. Besides. I got over him a long time ago." The door swung open. "Well well well. The young Miss Hale. How nice to see you again." Malia felt all the breath go out of her. "Deaucalion."