Chapter 26

"So, what does this do again?" Jackson sighed, exasperated. "You're hopeless. It temporarily disables magic. But it can only be used once and for 10 minutes. Save it. This one simply renders you immune to Magic, again, temporary. This one is just a regular old gun."

Malia rolled her eyes at that last snarky remark. Hayden was just curious. Lydia walked up to Jackson. "Congratulations. I knew you had it in you!" As she walked away, Jackson let her words sink in. A few quiet snorts sounded around the room. "Hey! Lydia that is so not funny!" But his sneaking smile betrayed him. Ethan snickered, slapping her on the back.

"Wow. I didn't think you had it in you!" Malia cringed at the bad joke. They all suited up as a few unexpected visitors showed up. "Nolan?! Now I'm curious, which of you had his number?" Hayden shrugged sheepishly. Nolan wore a leather jacket. He had a small hand-gun on his hip. "Whoa. Who Derek-ified you?" Stiles made the remark without thinking. "Alec!" Scott exclaimed as the familiar face came into view. The werewolf had helped them defeat Monroe and stop her from further revealing the secret of Beacon Hills.

Scott hugged him tight. Isaac's jaw clenched, then unclenched. He didn't know Alec. He'd only just arrived in Beacon Hills again a year prior, around the same time as Kira. But, he couldn't hold a grudge over a person who didn't return his feelings. He was done with that. No more unrequited feelings. "I brought something, I'm not sure if it'll help." He held up a small bag, gray with ashes. "What're those?"

"Forget-me-not seeds from the underworld. A whiff of those will make them forget the last 10 years, lets not use it on the young ones." A new voice sounded.

"Jordan!" Lydia squealed as the deputy walked in. "Where've you been these last few weeks?" "I got sucked into the Underworld. Long story. Later. These are powerful things. Please be careful." Deaton crossed the room, suddenly appearing. "I think I know what to do with these."

~~~

Malia's stomach turned as they walked out into the field. The Moon Coven stood, waiting. She estimated about 35 women. In the very front stood Becca, shouldered by an elderly woman. Her eyes were sharp and piercing. Liam and Lori sat on their knees, held in place by men. The woman's eyes swept across the Pack, holding on Bella's. Her face darkened, then she continued to sweep. Jackson and Ethan, Barry and Isaac, Hayden, Nolan, Erica, and Boyd, Malia, Scott, Kira, Lydia and Stiles, Parish and Deaton, and Alec and Theo, standing to the side.

Her eyes narrowed. "Where's the girl?" Her voice carried. "Somewhere safe. Give us Liam and Lori." The older witch tutted, wagging a finger. "Not so fast. I'll release one. Whichever one of you gives me the girl first I'll release who you wish." Dammit. Brett's Pack bristeled, watching for his reaction. The group split as Brett himself walked through. Theo walked to meet him. Scott grabbed his elbow. "Its too dangerous. Look at him! He's unstable!" And indeed he was. Black veins creeped up along his neck, reaching his now dilated pupils.

He staggered over, unsteady. "Maybe so, but Scott, you're the one who taught there's always another option. Trust me." Scott's hand slipped off as he watched him walk away. Bella called out to Becca. "How could you this? This is madness." Becca's eyes watered. "You don't understand.. You have no idea what that girl is, what she'll become. She will destroy everything!"

Four things happened next. One, an arrow flew through the air, lodging itself in the shoulder of the old woman. Second, another one flew, landing in the man holding Liam. Third, Willow Deaton and Chris Argent sprinted out of the woods. Fourth, Theo jammed the syringe he was hiding into Brett Talbot's vein-ridden neck. The thick black goo quickly spread through his blood stream, incapacitating him. "What...is that?" He choked out. "Its a little concoction made from Forget-me-not seeds and a little bit of my nieces venom." Deaton replied.

"Normally, that would kill you, but I've given you a very miniscule amount. It will act as a temporary Cure, preventing you from shifting for a few days. Those seeds will give you a nice, long, nap. You're gonna wake up in your den with no recollection of the last few days."

"You would give up your daughter and a centuries long alliance for that abomination?!" The Witch spat at Chris Argent who ambled over. Willow freed Liam and Lori, who immediately ran to her brothers aid. "A life for a life. I owe her for her father, and I've long since accepted that my daughter is gone."

Lori turned to her brothers Pack. "You all have a choice. You can stay and fight, or you can run away with your tails between your legs. My brother was Hexed, he killed Satomi because he was influenced. You all have options. So I ask you now, will you fight and fall with Scott McCall?"