Chapter 19

"Look, clearly we have a problem." The Pack had ran to Erica's and Kira's apartment. Boyd had opened the door for them, clearly still half asleep. Mason and Corey had shown up shortly after, both getting a quick text debrief from Liam.

The apartment was a small 2 bedroom with wooden floors. It had two bathrooms, one in the hallway and one in a bedroom which Kira insisted Erica have. The living room contained a love seat and a couch. It also featured two recliners. The apartment had come furnished, with the two only having to buy dishes, clothes, and things such as accessories. Though many of them refused to admit it, they'd all grown distant since the end of high school.

Scott and Stiles were still close, but like Kira, Stiles was also out of town more and more, on official FBI business. Currently, he had been stationed in Beacon Hills simply per his own request, but sometimes was still called back to solve especially unsolvable mysteries. Erica and Boyd had stayed in Beacon Hills after high school, just to stay. Scott had went briefly to a community college, but found he had a greater calling in protecting Beacon Hills, which was, in fact, a beacon for the supernatural.

Scott had eventually worked with Deaton, mostly in scheduling appointments, and basically locking up shop. Some might say he was a secretary. Lydia had been accepted to Stanford and was attending her 2nd year. She studied marketing and business. Isaac and Theo had just stuck around. To be honest, at the time, Theo and Isaac were still warming up to each other. Isaac had been gone for a good three years before returning to Beacon Hills with Argent.

Of course Theo knew all about him, he knew everything about Scott's past, including his old friends. Per the whole taking-Scott's-Pack thing. The Puppy Pack was of course still in high school, on their senior year. Somewhere along the line it was just determined that Theo had failed his senior year on account of his many absences. Unfortunately for him, he didn't have a Mrs. Martin to excuse his absences.

Boyd had (reluctantly) stayed, sitting at their dining room table. There was an opening connecting the dining and living room, an open rectangular space with a bar and barstools. Kira sat on her girlfriend's lap, Lydia, in a recliner. Across from them, Corey and Mason were smushed together in the other recliner. Isaac, Scott, Stiles, and Liam sat together on the couch. Liam sat on the left end, Isaac on the right. Stiles was sandwiched in between Scott and Isaac, who was sitting on the right end.

Theo and Hayden both sat together on the loveseat. A coffee table sat in the middle of the room. They all huddled together, waiting for Scott to say something. Stiles spoke up for him. "Listen, clearly we have a problem. We have an angry Pack and a MIA member. Some of us can't control our abilities. This Pack is falling apart. Our closest allies are now our closest enemies. And I don't know about you guy's job, but my boss is demanding results and I've got nothing. Unless one of you wants to pose for a picture of you burning down the forest, I got nothing."

He ran out of breath. "The forest? I thought your dad was taking care of it?" Stiles shook his head. "Its gotten bigger. Its not just one. There's been three. And he is, but the guys officially a serial arsonist. Also my boss would still want proof I'm working on something. I told him I came here on account of all the animal attacks there's been in this town the last 10 years. I'm gonna be sacked if I don't have anything for show."

"I just found out that I might have a long-lost cousin in Japan. And she's a kitsune, like me. Her names Hikari. I have to go find her." Lydia inclined her head to see Kira. "You didn't tell me that." Kira hung her head. "I didn't want you to be miserable your whole break." The door began banging. Scott jumped up. "Wait, I think I know who it is." He flung open the door. It was Peter. He was furious. "Is Malia here?" He growled. Scott shook his head. "No...why?" Peter scoffed, pulling out his phone and showing a picture to Scott of his ruined counter.

In the counter a message was etched. In long bashing streaks, it said in large menacing letters: DON'T FOLLOW US. "How'd she do that? I have her coyote." Peter stuffed the phone in his pocket. "You have what?!" Scott ignored him. "It must've been Willow. They must've ran off together." He shut the door in Peter's face, sighing heavily. "Anyone else have anything they want to confess?" Hayden bit down hard on her tongue. She could not keep her words inside.

"I slept with Theo!" She blurted. Liam whipped around. Theo sighed. Kira and Lydia's mouths dropped. Stiles covered his mouth, guffawing silently. Scott just looked at them. Mason and Corey made horrified looks at each other. Erica clapped gleefully. "Called it! You owe me five bucks Boyd!" He groaned. There was boisterous laughter in the hallway as Peter temporarily forgot about his daughter. "Go away old man!" Theo yelled, crossing his arms. "That man is creepy." He muttered. "Guess that Chimera's out of the bag." Stiles giggled. "Shut up Stiles!" Liam and Hayden yelled simultaneously.

Liam turned his glare to Hayden. She squirmed. "I can't believe you! Instead of telling me you want to break up you go off and sleep with someone else? And not only that, with my best friend?!" "Hey!" Mason protested. "Sorry. Second best." "I was in heat! And don't act all innocent either, I know you did something with Brett!" The whole Pack groaned. "Seriously? It just keeps going." Someone muttered. It was Liam's turn to squirm. "Yeah, I know! Don't act like I couldn't smell his scent all over you!" Scott visibly cringed.

"Wait, wait, wait, did you say you were in heat?" Lydia interrupted. "I'm no wolf, but isn't it a little early?" Scott nodded, seemingly recovered from the outbursts. "She's right. It doesn't happen this early. I've been studying this stuff. I think you two were hexed." Liam scoffed. "What, you mean like a spell?" Scott nodded. "What does it mean?" Hayden asked. "It means exactly what I was worried about. The Witches are in our Territory. Its a threat. Telling us they're watching us."

"Its the hybrid!" Liam exclaimed. "They must know we have her! Or, did." "And they have to be close enough to know you two are dating." Recognition flashed through Liam's face. "You mean someone we might know." Scott nodded. "Someone who knows where you live. Someone who could get the Witch across and back into their territory without being detected. Someone with resources. Who knows exactly what could turn the Packs against each other. I'm not talking about a wolf, or a Witch."

Isaac got a sick feeling in his stomach. "Someone who's worked with the Moon Coven before. Oh no. I'm sorry. I...I didn't know it was him." That was the last thing he said before the door slammed open, and a dark figure threw smoke bombs in.

A/N: what does Isaac know? And what close friend has betrayed them and why?