Chapter 24

Malia and the others arrived in Beacon Hills moments later, exhausted from their shared drained magic. Except Willow and Malia of course. They all rushed to Deaton's clinic where the Pack was preparing for battle. 

"Thank God." Lydia exhaled when the 5 walked through the door. Erica ran up to Malia and hugged her, followed by Hayden, Kira, and Lori. Malia made her way to Scott. "You'll never believe where Satomi sent us." "London. I know. But, did it help?" Malia nodded, handing over the spell book. It flipped open, turning to the caged spell. "Its Boyd. He's the anchor. The spell needed negative energy. A caged person. Boyd was lonely. He became part of the Pack because he had no one. Sadness, loneliness. Negative emotions." 

Boyd stepped forward. "What do I have to do?" Malia smirked. "Glad you asked. Everyone listen. I have a plan." 

~~~

Hours later, everyone was getting ready for the Founders dance. Weapons were tucked underneath clothes in case of an emergency. Malia watched her self in the mirror, staring shakily. "It'll be okay." Braedon spoke behind her. The plan required back-up, unfortunately including her father. Malia wore a floor length dress. It was black, and clung to her curves. Underneath the dress, she wore knee length boots, only visible through the slit in her dress. She wore studded earrings, courtesy of her Hale riches. 

Her long brunette locks were pulled up and pinned into a bun. It felt unnervingly unlike her. Her blue eyes glowed in the mirror, giving her momentary comfort. Getting her coyote back was like a breath of fresh air after being underwater. She felt whole, better. Braedon wore a respectable pant-suit. It was a deep-cobalt blue. Her dark curls were swept to the side, and a light shade of lipstick was present.

The plan required them all to arrive separately, so Malia wasn't sure what to expect when she arrived. Braedon, Derek, and Malia arrived together. They walked into the huge dome. The room was immensely large. A crystal chandelier hung from the roof. It was littered with tables and a stage with a band, playing classical music. The ball floor was painted with cherubs. People lounged about, some dancing, some chatting. A red dress stuck out in the crowd, Bella. Her dress was off-shoulder, falling to her upper arms.

It cascaded around her. She danced with Willow, who Malia's breath caught on. She tensed as Willows scent wafted to her, cinnamon-like, with the tang of green apples. Her dress was deep emerald green, and adorned with gold patterns. Her hair was done in elaborate braids that curled going down, courtesy of Braedon. She was adorned with a bright Emerald diamond wound around her neck with a silver chain. The Pack knew the flashier she was, the more eyes there were on her.

The Moon Coven would be less likely to try and take her. The rest of the Pack lounged around. To ordinary people, they were just talking, but to Malia, she could see their tensed hands and cautious demeanour. For now, the Witches hadn't arrived yet. The smooth melody filling the room was replaced by a quicker paced one. Willow and Bella broke off from the crowd, coming towards her.

Lydia and Kira took their place, watching carefully and weaving through the throng of people. Both wore knees length dresses, and while Lydia wore makeup, Kira did not. Her complexion was perfect and her aura luring, like a fox. The three broke off, Bella walking with Malia while Willow watched the two, again.

~~~

"Hey, can we talk?" Hayden asked Liam as he purposely avoided her gaze for the sixth time. He nodded. They walked outside. Nothing in the plan said they couldn't talk outside for a moment. The night air was brisk and cold, and Hayden shivered, dreading what she was going to say next. "I think we should break up." Liam sighed in relief. "Look, I understand Brett and Theo were necessary for both of us, and I get it. But its not that. I just...don't feel for you as I should. I don't waant to continue a relationship where I continue to drag you along knowing I don't love you." 

She chewed her lip, waiting for Liam's response. For a minute, Liam said nothing, only staring at her. Then the silence was shattered, by Liam laughing hysterically. Hayden watched him, concerned. He wiped a tear as he caught his breath. He inhaled deeply, feeling as if a huge weight had been lifted off him. "I agree. For so long, I've felt confused. Now it all makes sense. You and me, we had a great run. But you know what they say. All great things must come to an end." Hayden smiled sheepishly. She held out a hand.

Liam stared at it, puzzled. "Friends?" She asked inquisitive. He nodded, smiling deeply and grabbing her hand. He shook it firmly as he voiced his agreement. "Friends." The two smiled at each other, and Hayden felt for the first time in forever that the two truly understood each other.

~~~

"So..." Isaac fumbled underneath the table with his fingers. Him and Scott were seated at a table. Scott was immersed in a conversation with Derek, ignoring him completely. Isaac cleared his throat. Derek and Scott looked at him. Sensing his former beta's discomfort, he excused himself for drinks. Scott stared at Isaac, causing him to squirm under the scrutiny. "Uhm.. You know that feeling when you really, really like someone? Like, butterflies?" Scott nodded, unsure where this was leading. 

"Well, I feel that..around you." Isaac winced. It was corny, but it'd have to do. Scott watched him curiously, still not getting what Isaac was insinuating. Isaac stared at him expectantly. Realization dawned on Scotts features as his eyes widened. He drew back slightly. "I..." He trailed off. He stopped, unsure what to say. "I'm sorry..." He decided finally. "I like you as a friend, but..I don't have romantic feelings for you." His voice faded as Isaac sprinted away, tears welling in his eyes. He collapsed on a barstool.

He was still at the dance, but as far away as he could get from Scott. He wiped at his eyes, sniffling. "Boy problems I'd wager." An accented voice slurred next to him. He looked up. A man sat beside him, slumped against the bar. His hair was dishelved and his eyes were rimmed red. "Same. I just saw a man I thought was dead for years. And he was engaged." Isaac winced. "Rough. What's your name?" The man's green-blue eyes flicked to his. "Barry. Cromwell." 

~~~

Malia and Bella's footsteps echoing off the walls as they walked down the long corridor. "Deaucalion told me something, when I was with him." Bella tensed. "Something about, Twin Flames." Bella's heart stuttered as she stopped beside Malia. This confirmed Malia's suspicions. She scoffed. "Did you know?" Bella stayed silent. Malia walked off, furious. Bella caught up to her. "Malia wait! I knew who and what you were the first time I saw you, I was Drawn to you, you see. You don't understand!" 

Malia whipped. "Understand? I understand that you allowed this....this sick and twisted relationship to form between us, knowing you would eventually kill me!" Malia spat. Bella flinched. "We're the same person Bells! This is the literal epitome of narcissism." Malia's stomach did a somersault. Bella argued back. "It doesn't work like that!" They were interrupted by an out-of-breath Hayden. "Guys...we have a problem." "What?!" Malia snapped.

"I can't find Lori or Liam. They're missing, so is Becca." 

A/N: I'm so excited, only a few chapters left!