Chapter 25

"Whoa whoa whoa. Slow down. You're saying my sister ratted us out? Bloody rat." Barry cursed at learning this news. "But why those two?!" Hayden exclaimed, worry evident in her features. "Because they both mean something to both Packs." Scott announced. They'd high tailed it out of there, after unsuccessfully finding Lori and Liam. "They want us both in the same place, but why?" Lydia wondered. "Because they want to use you for their own dirty work. Turn you against each other." Chris Argent entered the room, again wearing the same guilty look.

"They've sent you all another message. They want both Packs to meet by the Nemeton. They want to make a trade." Scott groaned as the new information sunk in. Chris disappeared as swiftly as he came. "I hate that he's their lap dog!" Lydia exclaimed, anger dotting her face. "They have something up their sleeve, I just know it. And I can only imagine what Lori and Liam are going through." 

~~~

Liam groaned as he came to, his vision swam with black dots and his head ached something awful. He became aware that his wrists were sore, and inspected his surroundings. He groaned as he recognized the dimly lit tunnels where they'd defeated the Beast in the form of his best friend, Mason. He was handcuffed to the pipes that lined the walls. He struggled against the cold entrapments as he wondered aloud. "Where'd they get these?" "Probably from them." A voice answered. Liam recognized that voice.

It was Lori, across from him. She gestured to two bodies, deputies. Liam wondered how he'd missed them. "Why don't you break the handcuffs?" He asked. She rolled her eyes. "Can't genius. They're laced with Wolfsbane, which you didn't need. Thanks to Bella junior, they knew we were coming." Liam blinked. Becca had done this? He gave up, resting his head against the grimy wall. "God, this place reeks. I hope we get out of here soon." You and me both.

~~~

"You know, I just don't get it. Brett was fine a week ago, and now he's a murderous psychopath? I don't buy it." Liam stated plainly. "You think my brother was Hexed?" He nodded. "Exactly." A laugh sounded nearby. They both jumped. "Clever beta's...or, ex-beta I should say." The voice faded, leaving them both shuddering. "Scott where are you?"

~~~

"They want me. Why don't you guys just give me to them." Willow sighed, defeated. Malia's eyes widened. "What?! No! That's insane! There's no telling what they'll do to you! Scott, tell her!" He said nothing. "We don't have a choice. We can't fight Brett's Pack and the Moon Coven. I don't wanna see anyone else die because of me." Her face crumpled as her eyes welled up. "My parents died for me. I don't wanna see you dead too." With that, she walked away.

Malia stared after her. Her eyes hardened. "No." She ran after Willow. She caught up with her, grabbing her shoulders and steering her to face her. "With help, and a plan, we can win. And, we might not have to fight Brett's Pack. I have a feeling he didn't just suddenly "decide" the Were species is in danger. I think he was "influenced." If we can get through to him, we might be able to stop this whole thing, at least saving a few lives, including yours." 

Willow shook her head. "The only person who could possibly do that is being held hostage. Its too risky, I won't let you all die." She ran off this time, her braids escaping the loose bun they were in. She was out of sight before Malia could follow. She stared at the empty parking lot for a while, and sat on the sidewalk. She felt strangely alone without Willow's presence.

~~~

Scott wasn't sure what to say. They were backed into a corner. Obviously they couldn't turn the girl in, but he also couldn't risk his youngest beta's life. "Listen up." Stiles announced, balancing his silver bat on his shoulder. Naturally since he'd joined the FBI he'd learn how to shoot a gun. "Derek, do you have guns?" He shook his head. "But I do." Braedon alternated. "How many?" "Enough." 

"Good. I suggest everyone who can't sprout claws to start learning. The rest of us need to start making some calls." 

~~~

Malia shifted uncomfortably at the stuffy atmosphere in the room. There was a lot of tension, and not just between her and Bella. She could sense it somewhere else, with her Alpha and Pack mate Isaac. Ever since the dance, Isaac had carefully avoided Scott. Instead, he was laughing on the other side of the room as Barry animatedley told a story. Erica and Boyd also listened in. Everyone else was calling for backup. 

Voices ceased around the room as they all caught a whiff of a foreign wolf. They all held their breath. He walked through the double doors. He held his hands up in defense as he noticed their stances. "Whoa, were you guys always this tense?" Lydia gasped. "Ethan!" Barry stiffened, turning his back. "Where's Jackson?" Ethan shrugged. "Getting weapons. He was reluctant to come back, but Malia convinced him that quote unquote, " that shithole of a town is in danger. " 

"So, when does the battle start?" Scott looked around. "Soon." 

A/N: boring chapter, I know I'm sorry