Chapter 16

Summary of last chapter (clean): Liam runs into Brett avoiding Hayden and Brett figures out about Liam not being able to heal and threatens Liam about hiding Willow

Brett was running. He'd caught the scent of something not quite human, but not all werewolf either. His senses were firing, warning him whatever was ahead was dangerous. His eyes flickered yellow-orange, the trademark tint of a born-Were. He'd sensed something off with Liam in the locker room, a sour apple smell. And there was the fact he wasn't healing, and he was obviously holding something back.

Brett would find out what it was. It wasn't safe for his pack to be out if there was something out there that could potentially kill a Werewolf. Not that there wasn't already things that could kill a Werewolf. He couldn't take any chances, especially when Liam had already been hurt. Liam. Brett's heart jumped. He would protect Liam. Clearly he wasn't capable of doing it himself.

I shouldn't have done that. Two nights ago he might've had an excuse, but now there was none. He groaned. I'm a home-wrecker. But Liam kissed back. That little voice persisted. It's out of my hands. It's not my decision. Whether we're together or not, I'll protect him. He's mine. Nothing will harm him. Brett was thrown off his thoughts when the scent suddenly became sharper.

He ducked a left, swerving past a tree. He lept over a tree branch and slowed to a stop when he realized where he was. He gulped. This is Moon Coven territory. Under the treaty with Brett's pack, any werewolf from his pack who crosses the boundary can and will be subject to death. Same goes for Brett's side. Brett did a u-turn, jogging back the way he came.

~~~

Willow panted, running through the woods. Stupid old man. "What does he know." She grumbled. Suddenly she picked up something behind her. She straightened up, slowing to a stop. A twig snapped. She set off again, running faster. Whatever it was began chasing her, Willow could sense it was supernatural...he was supernatural.

She ran, energy coursing through her legs, bounding into a tree line. The tree line hummed with energy. She ran through, gasping as she felt a suffocating sensation, as if something was rolling over her, stealing the air from her lungs. It disappeared as soon as it was there. Air washed over her again as she took a breath full of air.

It was then that she got a good look at the trees, which held a strange symbol, a crescent moon on top of a star. The other tree held even stranger symbols...runes. She realized with a start. I know that symbol. It was the same symbol Bella had tattooed on her collarbone. Oh no. It was then that Willow turned around and noticed a bustling neighborhood of houses, made of stone.

Women walked around, cooking, cleaning, and some just talking. Fireplaces outside held weird bowl things. I'm in the Moon Coven Territory. Willow made a run for it, running behind a tree. She shrieked as a hand clapped over her mouth. The hand was attached to Malia. Willow relaxed. "What are you doing here?!" She whisper-shouted. "Following you!"

"I thought you were injured?" Malia shrugged. "Guess not. Listen, we need to get out of here." She tugged Willow's arm, pulling her back through the barrier. Safely on the other side, Willow looked around. I guess it went away. They walked through the woods. "No offense, but your dad's an asshole."

Malia rolled her eyes. "None taken. I know he is." Willow stopped, grabbing Malia's shoulder, turning her toward her. "Hey, thanks. Y'know, I can defend myself. You didn't have to run after me or whatever." Malia smiled, patting Willows hand on her shoulder. "Well I can't let you die on my watch." She joked. "Besides, I have an idea. If he's not gonna let you be near me, then I'm not gonna be near him." Willow let go and they started walking again.

"And I just might happen to know somebody who owes me. I know where we can stay." "You do?" Malia shook her head. "No, you do. She owes me, but you know the way." Willow tilted her head. "You don't mean..." Malia nodded. "That's exactly who I mean. And it's the perfect place to protect because none of the pack knows it exists. At least, I hope."

Willow groaned. "I don't want to deal with her!" It was Malia who grabbed Willow's shoulders this time. "Too bad. This is the only way to keep you safe until we figure something out. It's bad enough someone already knows you're here. It would start war between us, the witches, and other packs if they found out we were protecting you."

~~~

Brett listened from around the corner. I knew it. She's trouble. He ran out of the woods.

~~~

Malia and Willow arrived at Pandemonium. "Willow." The guard greeted her. Willow nodded. "Oliver's backstage." Willow shook her head. "We're not here for him this time." The guard looked confused. "Who are you here for then?" Malia and Willow exchanged a look. "Bella."

A/N: it's a short one I know but I feel as if Willow and Malia don't have enough chemistry 😭 so I've taken it upon myself to input more drama. That's right, ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the most cliche thing ever, a love triangle.