Chapter 14

TW: Violence and mild language

Willow woke up first. Malia had turned in the night, and draped her arm over Willow. Her head was snuggled on Willow's chest. Her hair was an absolute rats nest. Willow giggled. Now that is a sight. Willow jumped as the door started banging. Malia groaned and moved, stretching her arms and yawning.

"What gives? It's like...9 or something." Willow looked at her watch. "It's 12, Malia." Malia shrugged. "Whatever. Still, who's at the door?" "I don't know." Malia sat up and moved to the other side of the couch, smoothing her hair out. Willow got up and walked to the door. She slid it open, and was immediately pushed against the wall.

Liam bolted in, grabbing her by the neck. "What the fuck are you playing at?" He growled. His teeth and claws were out, and his eyes were glowing the familiar yellow tint, visible even in the daytime. "What?" Willow choked out. Liam lifted her up, her feet dangling off the ground. She gasped, struggling to pull in air. "I knew trusting you was a mistake the first time I saw you."

He began to squeeze. Willow gasped, kicking wildly. Malia panicked. She could do nothing without her super strength or healing abilities. She knew Liam was dangerous when he was like this, and his rage only made him stronger. Willow began to go limp, her hands falling. Malia knew she had no chance, but she would not let Liam kill this girl, Willow.

It was her responsibility to watch over her. She owed it to her coyote to try. Otherwise the loss of her fur and paws would've been for nothing. She would save Willow. She grabbed the nearest object, a vase, and smashed it over Liam's head. He barely flinched as the glass rained down on him, cutting open his forehead.

It healed immediately as he turned his attention to Malia. He growled at her, and grabbed her arm, slamming her into the wall. The impact knocked Malia out.

Willow was beginning to black out. Her eyes strained as her vision became blurry. The veins in her forehead popped out as she struggled to breathe, chest heaving. Her heart was beating wildly while she thrashed, trying to injure Liam, but he was unaffected. Her kicks began to slow down, and her grip on Liam's hands began to loosen, until they fell. Her kicks stopped altogether as her eyes began to slide shut.

Willow jolted awake when the vase came crashing down, shattering over her and Liam's head. The glass narrowly missed her, flying just beside her. Liam was momentarily distracted, grabbing Malia and throwing her into a wall. She yelped as she banged against the wall, passing out. Willow felt it pulse through her, new energy.

Her wolf pushed through. Her eyes glowed, bright violet. Her eyes narrowed as her canines and claws protruded. She snarled as she bit down on Liam's hand, causing the younger boy to throw her. He roared in pain as the wound marks in his hand disappeared as soon as they were there.

She landed on her feet and immediately jumped back up, growling. The two circled each other, showing their fangs. Her violet eyes challenging his yellow ones. Willow leapt at him, clawing his face. Liam snarled, leaping. He used the full force of his body to tackle her as they wrestled on the ground, clawing and biting.

Willow bit into Liam's shoulder. Liam roared as his yellow eyes faded into his normal blue, which quickly looked around in confusion. Willow removed herself from Liam, panting as her canines and claws receded. Liam's shirt was shredded and blood soaked. The bite did not heal. Liam hissed, grabbing his shoulder in confusion. "What did you do?!"

He dove onto the floor, grabbing a glass shard. He stood up, looking at it, uncertainly. Then he dragged the glass across his palm, waiting. Blood leaked from his hand, falling onto the floor. Nothing happened. "It's not healing." Malia groaned. "What the fuck?" The loft door slammed open, Scott and Derek running in.

They looked from Willow's blood caked lips to Liam's unhealing wound, to the destruction of the loft. "Thank goodness. I was afraid they were going to kill each other before you guys got here." Willow turned to Malia. "Did you call them?" Malia gestured to phone beside her, while clutching her head. "All it took was a call. While you guys were busy tearing each others throats out, I took the liberty to call in reinforcements, but looks like you took care of it."

Liam ran out, bumping shoulders with Scott along the way. "Why did he attack you?" Willow shook her head. "I don't know. Something about "what're you playing at", he seemed angry, really angry." Derek looked around, analyzing. "I hope you know I'm not paying to fix all of this." Peter said, strutting in, then noticed Malia. "Malia?" He walked over to her, putting one arm underneath her legs and one on her back.

She protested, feebly, but Peter ignored her, and hoisted her up. "What the hell happened here?" He demanded. "The kid, Liam, attacked." Willow answered. Peter looked at her with disdain. "And exactly where were you while my daughter was getting attacked?" Willow rolled her eyes. "Getting strangled." She gestured to the hand marks on her neck, which would disappear in about an hours time.

"We need to get her to a hospital. Give her to me." Derek demanded. "Seriously, I'll be fine!" Malia protested. "Shut up Mal." Peter handed her off to her cousin. "I don't know who you are, but clearly you're new. Hi, I'm Peter." He said sarcastically. He continued. "Clearly, that boy was after you. I don't want you around my daughter until she at least has some form of protection on her."

It sounded suspiciously like he was scolding her. Willow didn't like that. Her eyes narrowed. She opened her mouth to speak, and then snapped it shut. Malia was giving her a look that clearly said don't. Whatever. Willow stormed past Peter, glaring at him as she walked by. "Wait, Willow!" Malia called. Willow didn't stop.

"I'll get her". Scott said. He ran after Willow, trying to catch up with her. Malia glared from Derek's arms which held her in place. "Look what you did, the whole point of her being here was so someone could watch her!" Malia snarled. Peter was unphased. "I don't care if she's in danger. If it risks your life, I'm not going to do it." Malia scoffed. "I can't believe you. Derek, put me down, I can stand at least." Derek sighed.

"If you insist." As soon as her feet touched the ground, Malia stomped up to Peter. "You still can't get out of your own head. You think "protecting" me is going to earn you points or something? You're not my dad, Peter. You mean nothing to me, to anybody. Nobody came for you when the ghost riders took you, and they still won't. You're gonna be alone for the rest of your life. And I don't feel sorry for you."

Peter snapped. "What else do I have to do?!" He shouted. "I've done everything! I've let you stay at my house when you had no where to go, I've protected you, I've given you everything!" Malia's gaze hardened. "I'm sorry?! You've given me a roof over my head? You've protected me? You mean like a father is supposed to do? You're not special Peter. You've given nothing. And when it comes down to it, you'll still choose yourself."

With that Malia ran out. Derek didn't chase her. He knew on her injury she couldn't get far. He only gave a look to Peter, whom had a single tear slip from his eye. Derek said nothing, instead walking out.

A/N: do you think Peter deserved that? Why did Liam not heal? Let me know.