Does He Know?

I sit patiently, watching the crowd pass us by. No matter how many bodies cross, there's a hole that remains where she stands, sparkling in a divine spotlight.

She brushes her fingers through her glistening, flowing tendrils. Their poisonous tips hang freely and beautifully behind her captivating form.

I pinch myself to keep my feet on the ground and my voice locked away. The pain I feel reminds me that she still flows through my veins, swimming elegantly inside me like a parasitic siren.

He emerges from the masses, stepping up to her with a tepid vigor. She looks up to meet his gaze with eyes the color of envy.

I clutch my chest; he clutches her hand. Their fingers rest inside one another, my nails pierce my flesh.

She speaks to him in a harmonious hymn, but his expression is dull. The choir sings but the audience is fast asleep.

A shroud of many conceals then reveals emptiness in the space. The moment is gone, and so are they.

I take the crystal ball in my grasp and smash it against the wall beside me. My blood paints the shards the color of inevitability.

The fortune told is not mine, but hers. I am blessed with the misery of knowing her and her majesty.

I know the secret of her divinity. Does he?