Snowblind

Smooth skin engraved with runes of uncertainty graces the screen of a broken television. The shapeshifting vampiress in the cracks dances in a haze of toxic ecstasy, enchanting the living and hexing the living dead.

Building happiness is a waste and building the future is boring. Apathy for the prodigy and motivation for the chronically unmoved. Muddled messages transmit to a leaking brain gushing the excess of a failed existence.

Torture comes in many forms, breathing is one, thinking is another. A bullet like a puzzle piece fits so perfectly in the heart but even better in the head. What the veins carry is the most sacred paint waiting impatiently to grace a most spectacular canvas.

The open-minded are the most punishing and the closed-minded are the most forgiving. A hymn of hypocrisy but united in lack of acceptance.

The curse of desire is equally damning and forever repulsive behind its mask of affection. Pleasure tastes like a cyanide kiss under acid rain.

Unimportant is the word but everything is the feeling. Nonexistent is the directive, peace of mind is the objective.

In abject failure lies the answer but the head is too hard to crack. The pain will have to be the teacher, as it ever so often is. The relief is not much better—they're more alike than they realize.

Tired, weary, and drained, the clock is drawing ever close to midnight. Will they hear it when it rings?