Frankenstein's Mistake

A decapitated, cracked skull struggles to hold the rotten brain of an elephant. The porcelain body below it carries a glass heart in the form of shards, stuck unrelentingly inside of a fragile cavity. The nectar that oozes from the wounds quenches the thirsty maws of ravenous liars masquerading as the near.

Never a feast for the eyes, but always a feast for the soul. A treat for the venomous and a danger to the self, oh how spectacular the mushroom cloud looks from afar.

The abyss gives but never takes. Bottomless, it accepts all that is given and steals only from its own mass. None dare stare too deeply inside of it for fear of it staring back. However, never without a shortage of secrets to devour, it already knows—it always has and always would. But the abyss exists within and outside of itself, and one day it would consume itself to the delight of all who would concern themselves.

The porcelain corpse slips from the table, shattering and releasing the remaining innards for supper on Organ Day. Leeches make their final donations and consume their hard earned meal. Nary a tear is shed, as there will be more, but none quite like this. Slathering their fangs in saliva, they savor every bite and worship every sip.

The closer they are, the deeper they bite.

Never mind.