Meaningless Words

The message in the mist is clear. Death, again. The worst without a feeling, silence damning and emotions absent. Foresight kind but destiny not.

A bullet dodged or paradise lost? The difference is unimportant in the wake of the disemboweling of the sacrificial lamb. When doors close, others open. The goddess of wealth basks in the glow of newfound lust. Her embrace promises peace in the solitary confinement of heaven, free and delivered from the hell of the company of others.

Find happiness in the field of disappointment, foolish dahlias. The rain that trickles from the petals will spill to the ground unceremoniously in the indifference of ill-thought choice. A mistake for the blind and a success for the dumb. Thrive, but never forget—the thorns around the heart won't allow it.

Coldness is where home is. Distant and isolated, safe and serene. A cabin in the glistening mountains, alone and warm beneath the smoke of a vibrant chimney. The wooden door is sealed, no more refuge for the lost and twisted. Invaders freeze in the wonderous blanket of purity, smothered beneath a smile so white. Solace is a quiet place no one desires to be.

Blood evaporated and dolls plastic, the bloom is off the rose. All that remains is scuffs on the palms, battle scars of a weary carpenter. The next project is the last—an ark built for one. A palace and a fortress all at once, the Xanadu will serve as a beautiful tomb and memorial.

But grin in the lens of good fortune, it will wrap its arms around the stumbling—it always does. Bear fruit and suffer sleepless nights in the manifestation of happiness. There is no curse, only disinterest. May every Winter bring cheer and every Spring deliver laughs. No wish is necessary, inevitability is a force of nature unrivaled and unbeaten.

Take this barbed wire halo, it's yours now.