ꜰᴏᴜʀ

Blake found a clearing off the side of the road, and went and parked in it.  Wade followed, and everyone exited the vehicles.  You immediately began to stretch, having been cramped between two men in an already small car, in the tiniest seat.

"Wow," Paige sighed, looking around with a twinkle in her eye.

"You like it, right," Blake asked her.

"This is great," she answered.

Carly quickly made her way over, joining her best friend on the trip (other than Wade, of course).  Wade and Dalton paired up to grab some bags from Wade's trunk, and Nick followed to grab his chair.  He had brought a folding chair for when the original plan was to camp out outside the stadium.  It wasn't one of the metal indoor chairs, it was one of the ones that booze hounding men brought when they went on fishing trips, bringing a big ass cooler even though they'd catch one fish at best.

You honestly missed this.  Bumpy back roads, a lack of buildings, nature just everywhere.  You couldn't hear any forms of humanity, just singing crickets trying to get laid using their legs.  You were actually kinda glad that the shortcut was cut off.  You got to feel like you were back at home, even if it were only for a night.

"Your car sucks dude," Dalton told Wade.

"Paige, come with me," Blake said, waving her over.  "We'll grab the stuff."

"Well," Carly asked her quietly.

"I couldn't.  There's no point in freaking him out right now," Paige excused.

"As opposed to when you find out you are pregnant," Carly argued, managing to keep a soft tone.

"Carly, I'm not sure, okay?"

"I just think you should have a conversation with him."

"He's been looking forward to this stupid football game for months, and I don't want to ruin it for him by starting a fight."

"Paige, he's not gonna marry you," Carly deadpanned.  "His parents won't let him."

"Who says I want to get married?  Besides, I've been late before.  When I know for sure, I promise to talk to him, okay?  Let's go."

Paige began to make her way over to her boyfriend.  The tents were in Blake's trunk, and the group was going to set up three.  Two went to the lovely couples, and one went to Nick, Dalton, and you.  When your parents heard about this plan, they were nervous about you sleeping so close to the convicted felon, but calmed down once Carly reminded them that he was locked up for car related illegal-ness.  Nothing with minors.

"There are ticks out here," Carly complained.

"Yeah, don't help us or nothing," Dalton responded, pulling bags out from Wade's trunk.

"Let's set up," Blake said, dropping one of the bags that held a smaller tent.

Paige quickly came back to Carly, holding a picnic blanket and trying to hide a football inside.  You began to make your way over, having been told that setting up a tent was 'A real man's work, kid.'  So you were sent to sit with the girls and be useless.

Once the boys' finished setting up the campsite, without warning, Paige chucked the ball at Dalton.  It hit him right in the head.  He, Blake, and Wade grabbed the ball and began to play a game of football, beginning to hype themselves up for the big game tomorrow.  Nick went and set up his spot, setting his chair down next to a cooler full of beer.  How the ice managed to stay frozen after an entire day of driving, you didn't know.  Maybe it was a MaGiC cooler.

"Pass, pass," Blake shouted.

He cocked his arm back, and threw the football to Wade. 

"Here we go," Wade cheered.

"You don't want to..." Dalton began.  "Too slow!  TOO SLOW!!"

Then, Dalton tackled Wade, and tried to rip it out of his hands.  But the ball flew off to the side, and bounced right along, finally landing next to Nick's chair.  Dalton snickered and Blake groaned, and Wade hesitantly made his way over.  Nick didn't bother doing anything, such as toss the ball back, he just stayed in his chair.

Wade was a few feet away now, when Nick stood up, bent over and grabbed the ball, then expertly threw it over to Blake, who caught it with ease.  

"TOUCHDOWN," Dalton cheered happily.

"Nice arm," Wade complimented.  "I see why they gave a the scholarship."

"Yeah, real tragedy, ain't it," Nick asked sarcastically.

"Yeah, it is," Wade replied honestly.

By now, Carly had realized that her boy toy and her brother were arguing, so she grabbed your arm for some of that aforementioned bonding, and dragged you over so she could split up the fight.  But why she would want you there when the odds of it getting violent were high, you'd never know.

"Wade, why don't you go talk to Dalton, okay," Carly suggested.  "Please?"

"Bye Wade," Nick mocked.

"Asshole," Wade muttered before walking off.

"You know what?  You can be a prick to me me, that's fine," Carly began.  "But he didn't do anything to you."

"Hm, so you admit that you did something," Nick pointed out.

"I admit that according to you that I did something," Carly replied.  "Sure."

"You dimed me out."

"I did not 'dime you out.'  When the sheriffs' came to the house and asked me where you got the car, I said I didn't know.  I didn't even know it was stolen!  And you're blaming that on me?!"

"You could have covered for me, huh?"

You were shocked by how calm Nick was staying during this conversation.  Carly was getting loud, emotional, and Nick was cool and collected.  And you were just stuck standing there.

"You get caught for stealing a car, and it's my fault," Carly said, sounding exasperated.  "You resisting arrest is the cops' fault."

"Well, he took a swing at me, you know," Nick chuckled.

"Look, you get kicked off the football team, it's the coach's fault.  Mom and dad kick you out of the house, it's their fault.  You can't even keep a job for more than two weeks 'cause it's every manager's fault."

"I'm surrounded by idiots," Nick smirked.

"So why did you come, just to piss me off," Carly asked angrily.

Nick snickered, and you were suddenly nervous about what his response could possibly be.

"Don't you get it?  You're the good twin.  I'm the evil one.  And you," he said, pointing an accusing finger right at you.  "You're just a replacement."

"Grow up.  You are so afraid to take things seriously," Carly groaned.

"Oh yeah?  As afraid as Wade is of leaving good ol' Gainesville?  Huh?  New York City.  'Well, I hear they got buildin's as tall as the sky,'" Nick said, doing an over dramatized southern accent.

Okay, that felt personal.  Without skipping a beat, you had cocked your arm back, and socked Nick right in the shoulder.  You weren't the strongest, and this was an ex-football player with the ability to go pro who had been hardened by prison.  So he didn't faulter at your measly attack, if it could even be called that to him.

"Okay," Carly said, quickly grabbing your shoulders.

She began to lead you back to the blanket where Paige was still sitting, and the boys continued their game.