ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ

You saw Lester's truck roll forward, and the passenger side door open. Out jumped two men, who looked stronger than the average male. You'd have to play your cards right, but you could do this. Lester's 4-ways began flashing, and the driver himself hopped out as well.

The three made their way into the gas station, and Lester quickly spotted you behind the counter.

"Hey there kiddo," he greeted. "Where's yer dad?"

You wanted to gag. 'Dad'? You may have been experiencing a little bit of Stockholm, sure, but not nearly enough to be calling any of the brothers dad. But, if you tried anything now, Lester and Bo could easily handle killing these two off. You had to play along.

"He's in the shop," you replied, pointing at the garage.

"Okay. Ya wanna go introduce these gentlemen and say bye," Lester suggested.

You gave a curt nod and stood up, then directed the two men to the auto body area. You opened up the heavy metal door, and were met with the sweet, soothing sounds of Papa Roach on full volume. Bo was working on fixing the headlight of his truck, finally getting around to doing damage control after Nick's excellent throw.

He didn't spot you at first, so you hesitantly approached him. Once he saw you, he turned the music down, and looked at you expectantly.

"These two guys need you," you told him.

"Oh, I didn't even see you two back there," Bo said, quickly beginning to make his way over. "You all set ta go with yer uncle?"

"Yes sir," you responded.

"Alrighty then, I'll see ya later. Love you."

"Love you too dad."

You wanted to vomit. This felt wrong on so many fucking levels, but it wasn't like you could do much else without getting these two killed, or dying yourself.

As you walked by your 'dad' on the way out, you overheard him greeting the two men.

"I'm Bo, it's a pleasure to meet you," he greeted.

"Hi. I'm Nick, and this is my friend James."

Nick. Nick. NICK.

You wanted to fall over, and the floor to swallow you up whole. It felt like there was a frog in your throat, and you could feel your heart and stomach sink in your chest.

"Hey kid, you okay," Bo asked you.

"Yep, fine," you nodded, quickly making your way outside.

Lester was in the store part of the gas station, leaning against one of the counters as he waited for you. He took one look at you (you probably looked like shit, seeing as you were on the verge of a mental breakdown), and suddenly the country bumkin act disappeared as he rushed over to make sure you were okay.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong, it's okay," he tried to reassure you.

But you were too wrapped up in your own head to really notice. You couldn't even really make out what he was saying to you. Your mind had been attacked with memories of Nick. Your parents warnings, Carly's efforts to get you two to bond, his hatred for you... and then your night in Ambrose. He had died for you, the person he didn't even consider his sibling. And now, another Nick was going to die because of you.

Did this one have siblings? Did he have loving parents? He obviously had at least one friend, but did he have more that were going to miss him? Or was he the marine, and did he actually have a fighting chance?

By now, Lester had made his way over to you, and began to gently direct you towards his truck, and away from the gas station. You were deep enough in your thoughts that you didn't even realize you were moving. Once you made it to his truck, he hoisted you up into the air, and sat you down in the passenger's side seat, feeling like you would stand there absent-mindedly if he left you to get in on your own. And in all fairness, that is absolutely what would've happened.

"You okay kid," he asked. "What's goin' on in that noggin o' yours?"

"Nothing," you replied.

"It clearly ain't nothin', so what is it?"

"... how many people have died here?"

Lester hesitated for a moment, trying to think of a good answer.

"Yer scared, aren't ya," he sighed. "Well, Bo'd never hurt you, ya got that? He really cares about you, he's just no good at showin' it."

"How many people have died here," you repeated.

"... a lot."

Lester noticed you freeze up from the corner of his eye. After months of getting you to calm down a bit, something had really messed you up. And when they had guests? Bo wasn't going to like this. Not one bit.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure no one trys ta hurt you," Lester reassured you.

"Why should I trust you?"

"I swear on my mama's grave, no one's gonna do anythin' to ya. Not even my brothers."

"You're mom doesn't have a grave," you pointed out. "I've seen her in the church."

"Yeah, well, neither do your siblin's, so you don't got much else other than me."

You looked out the window, at the still cloudless sky. As much as you hated to admit it, he was right. Right now, if you couldn't get out, you were stuck. Trusting a killer was your only option. Your parents weren't looking for you, no one was. Bo was a maniac. Vincent didn't seem to care for you all that much (but you were still grateful about the leg brace thing).

You had no one, but a wax covered corpse of what was once your brother.

"Alright, we're making a pit stop at the house," Lester told you, turning to drive up the hill. "I wanna check on Vinny. Apparently he went out last time, and I don't want him gettin' in trouble."

A/n: watched 'The Lost Boys' for a programming assignment, and saw a lack of fics... my time has come.

But I'm still working on ruining classic literature, so I got that going for me too.

I am a menace to society, aren't I?