ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

You didn't know how much time was passing by, but days seemed to get shorter and shorter.  Soon enough, snow began to fall from the sky, painting the world in a lovely white.  You began to lose faith that people were going to come save you.  How long had it been?  If you hadn't seen any police, or just any living person in general, then maybe you were on your own.

Now that you had gotten used to walking with the mechanical help, you were being put to good use around Ambrose.  'Hey kid, go bring this to so and so,' 'hey kid, go take this to this place,' so on and so forth.  But, you mainly just stayed with Vincent, bringing him art supplies and carrying his tools to wherever he needed them.  Every once in a while, you'd be sent to help Lester, who would spend every weekend hunting, then need help getting all of the dead things out of his truck bed. 

Turns out the roadkill thing was just part of his act, and was supposed to unnerve visitors.  That way, when they got to Ambrose, they were even more determined to find Bo, and not thinking the clearest, part of their mind still lingering on the creepy guy on the side of the road.  You were one of the first people to get over him, thanks to the fact that you had seen even weirder people where you grew up.

While you had been spending more time helping Lester and Vincent, you were never sent to help Bo with anything.  And he still went and checked 'the spot' every day.  But he had always come back with the news that there was nothing to be worried about.

Until he didn't.

Snow was beginning to melt, after you were blessed with a freakishly warm day.  But according to the news forecast, you were just gonna get more tomorrow.  You were in the kitchen washing dishes, while Lester stood next to drying and putting them away.  Vincent was down in the tunnels, painting.

Suddenly, the front door flew open, and the dish you had been holding slipped right out of your hands, clattering into the sink.  Lester was by your side in mere moments, making sure nothing was broken, and you were okay.  You looked to the doorway, and saw Bo.  And the dude was fuming.  

"Lester, get yer truck, we got company," Bo stated.

"Oh shit.  Alright.  What're we gonna do 'bout the kid," Lester asked.

"They're gonna stay underground with the freak," he answered.

"Ya shouldn't call 'im a freak, you know."

"Get the fuck out."

Lester quickly tossed the rag he had been using on the counter, and scurried past Bo, making his way outside.  Vincent, having heard Bo's dramatic entrance, emerged from the hallway.  He started moving his hands, the movements quick enough for it to be hardly comprehendible.  Luckily, Bo was a pro, having grown up communicating with Vince this way.

"We got a group, third patch in.  Two kids, a year or two older than them," Bo explained, gesturing to you.  "About five adults."

Vinny made some more hand gestures, and Bo giggled.  Then he let out a fit of maniacal laughter.  Vincent had finally done it.  He broke Bo.

"Why am I nervous?  WHY AM I NERVOUS?!?! BECAUSE ONE WAS WEARING FUCKIN' MARINE COMBAT UNIFORM!!  That man is a trained killer!  HE'S GONNA TAKE THE KID!!"

That seemed to make Vincent panic as well.  They both started running around, preparing for this group.  Realizing there was no real way for you to help, you just made your way into the living room, and took a seat on the couch.  You heard whining and scratching at the door, so you stood right back up, and opened the door for Molly.  She waltzed in, sniffed your leg a bunch, and began to inspect the metal around your leg that was helping you to stang.

"HEY!!  GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE DOOR!!  YOU RUNNIN' OUT IS THE LAST THING I NEED RIGHT NOW," Bo screamed.

You quickly complied, closing the door and making your way back to the couch.  Molly happily followed, pleasantly oblivious to the chaos occurring less than ten feet away.  You sat down, and began to observe the two men running around, grabbing and moving things, preparing for tomorrow.  This time, they had something new to lose if they failed.  Molly jumped up and took a seat next to you, glad to get to spend some quality time with you again.

Once Bo and Vincent calmed down a bit, Vince disappeared back into the tunnels, going to prepare some wax for any new victims.  Bo went and grabbed some large hedge-cutter like scissor lookin' things, and quickly went and set them in his truck.  When he made his way back inside, he saw you petting Molly, and realized that he had to come up with some sort of plan for you, in case anyone managed to get into the tunnels.

Dalton was almost down in them before Vince got him, Wade was dangerously close to finding the trap door, and you and Nick managed to slip right by them and get down there.  Who's to say the soldier wouldn't be able to do that?

"Kid, tomorrow, I need you ta stay underground with Vinny, got that," Bo asked.

He was pleased when you nodded, and then he realized something.  As bad of an idea as it was, you'd probably need something to defend yourself with.  He wasn't going to give you a gun or anything major, but just to defend yourself till he or one of his brothers were able to get to you.

He began to walk off, wondering what he could give you that wouldn't fuck him over, when he heard your voice pipe up.

"Can me and Molly visit the House of Wax quick?  Before the visitors get here," you asked.

"Fine.  If you see anyone out there that isn't Lester, you scream as loud as you can, and you run back here.  Got it?"

You stood up, Molly quickly following in suit, and you made your way outside.  You began walking towards the wax building, keeping an eye out for anyone coming your way.

Tomorrow, you made your great escape.

A/n: I spent about 10 minutes making the text to speech lady say fuck a whole bunch, 'cause I found out I get her when I preview the chapter.  I wasn't with anyone, and I had a math assignment to do, and I had this chapter to write, but no.  I made the lady say fuck.