ꜰɪᴠᴇ

"Two, 42... hike," Wade shouted.

He threw the ball over to Blake, and Dalton chased him around to try and tackle him for the ball.  Carly and Paige weren't paying attention, and were conversing with each other.  You were paying attention to their conversation, since college girl drama was fun.  And Nick was staring at you.

He honestly felt bad for you.  He knew his parents didn't actually love you, you were just meant to replace him.  You weren't actually their kid, and they knew it.  And while he was remorseful, he couldn't see himself liking you anytime soon, knowing you were only here because his parents despised him.

"Woah, what's that smell," Blake asked suddenly.

"That's bad," Wade agreed.

"Oh my god," Paige said, covering her nose.

"Dalton, did you crap your pants again," Nick interrogated jokingly.

"Huh?  No," Dalton answered.  "I don't know.  Maybe.  I mean, I'm wearing my work clothes, so..."

"Ugh, that's horrible," Carly agreed.

"Something's dead out there," you stated.

"No, something's dead right here," Blake argued.  "And we need to drink it back to life.  Bless me dawg!"

Nick smirked, opened up the cooler, and grabbed one of the many beer bottles.  With one of his expert throws, he perfectly tossed Blake an alcoholic beverage.  He passed one out to everyone, and even tried to pass one off to you before Carly shut that idea down.

Everyone got drunk pretty quickly, and started doing pretty shit things, and asking stupid questions.  Except for you, somehow the kid wound up as the voice of reason.  And once they had tired themselves out, they got horny.

"You guys gonna do it tonight, or what," Dalton asked Blake.

"Screw off dude," Blake quickly replied.

"Stop," Paige added.

"What?  Come on, you know you want it!"

Nick glared at Dalton, who only defended himself.  But in a different way that justifying it based upon Blake and Paige's habits and desires again.

"I was joking!  Come on man, enough!"

More time passed, and the horniness mixed with the stupidity.  And yet again, you were the voice of reason.  And this time, it was even worse as Dalton interacted more, and with his camera capturing all of the action.  Such as Wade and Carly swapping spit.

"Oh yeah, that's good," Dalton complimented.  "Let me get some of that action, that's hot."

"Don't even think about it," Wade told him.  "I ain't kissing you dude."

"Come on, you know you want to man."

Carly glared at him, and Dalton quickly began to laugh.

"Just kidding, I wouldn't kiss your ass for shit."

Then you heard an engine.  You heard it roll up close, so you turned and saw a dark pickup truck pulling up to the edge of the clearing at the treeline, casting it's headlights upon your campsite.  The engine shut off, but the headlights didn't shut off.

"Hey, yo man, you need something," Blake asked loudly.

He was given no verbal response, but you noticed an arm reach out and lean out of the open window from the drivers seat.  You also noticed something smaller, even you were surprised you managed to notice it.  There were scars wrapping their wrist like bracelets.  There were multiple, and there were white spots within the welts, and redness surrounded them all permanently.  It looked like they never healed correctly.

"What does he even want," Carly asked.

The group waited, but the driver didn't do anything.

"Okay, this is getting kind of creepy," Paige complained.

"Nothing to see here, let's go," Dalton shouted.

"Can we help you," Wade questioned loudly.

"Maybe we're on their property," you suggested.

"No, we didn't pass a gate," Nick pointed out.

"Hey man, turn your lights off," Blake demanded.

"Hello," Wade called.

"Turn your lights off," Blake repeated.  "I'm serious man, turn your lights off or I'm whipping someone's ass!"

"It's alright.  It's cool man," Nick said calmly.

Then he grabbed one of the empty beer bottles that were littered all around the ground.  Then, yet again using his expert football throw, he chucked the bottle at the truck, smashing one of the headlights.

"Nick," Carly shouted angrily.  "Oh my."

The engine rumbled a bit, before roaring back to life once more.  The boys cheered as the truck pulled away, and began to congratulate Nick for his impeccable aim.  Even you were somewhat impressed.  You watched as the truck pulled away, and gave a small wave.  As if to say sorry for your 'brother's' actions.

"That was great!  That was great dude," Dalton exclaimed.

"My man Nick here's hardcore," Blake added.

"What the hell was that about, huh," Carly asked angrily.

"You're the man, dude," Dalton said happily.

"Don't encourage him," Carly chastised.

"Come on, he's gone," Wade said, ushering her to their tent.

Everyone retired to their tents to get some sleep.  But Carly, sadly, woke up a little too early.  Because of ominous noises she heard outside.  Scared, she tried to wake up her boyfriend.

"Wade.  Wade.  Wade!"

With that last call, she smacked him in the shoulder.  He stirred a bit, and began to wake up a little.

"I heard something," she told him quickly.

"It's probably a serial killer or something," Wade groaned.

Not liking his little joke, Carly got up and exited the tent.  She began to walk through the clearing, inspecting every little thing.  But she couldn't find anything out of the ordinary.  She turned around to get back into the warm tent, only to be jumpscared by Wade, who had been standing behind her.

"You scared me," she sighed.  "What are you doing?"

"Getting you back to bed," Wade answered, still tired.  "Come on, let's go to sleep."

"But I heard something," Carly argued.

"Get in the tent."