ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

Days began to blur together, and you fell into a bit of a routine with the killers.  They would find a way to wake you up, bring you downstairs for breakfast, then pass you around like a twisted game of hot potato, choosing who would babysit you.  Once one of them got annoyed, or you got close to using the damaged leg, you were passed off to the next person. 

At least once a day, usually more towards sunset, Bo would leave to check 'the place.'  You knew from experience what he meant.  He was leaving to check out the different areas people could make into makeshift campsites to stay the night.  He was scouting out new victims.  Every once in a while, if you and the other two were lucky, he'd pick up some fast food.

One other thing you had begun to get used to was the fact that they had set up a mattress for you in the tunnels.  Luckily, they kept you next to the ladder in the office, so you didn't have to fall asleep staring at the chair, and at the contraption that killed your siblings and their friends.  The men had made sure to give you too many blankets than needed, but forgot to get you a pillow.  They had also begun to wake you up in different ways.

Vincent would tap the ladder on his way down, that way you were awake when he reached the bottom.  Then you'd be ready to get picked up and manhandled.

Lester had recently found an airhorn, so he'd make his way down, and would scare you awake.  He did that two days in a row, and was banned from waking you up, considering he woke up Bo both days as well, and no one liked that.

Bo would shake you gently till you woke up, then immediately picked you up before you could fully comprehend your surroundings. 

You heard light brisk footsteps moving around, so you began to wake up.  You started sitting up, and you saw a familiar long apron.  It was stained with grease and dried wax, and you saw a bulge in one of the pockets.  You saw Vincent, and quickly realized it was his mask in the pocket of his apron.  This was the first time seeing his face since the day Nick died.

But this time, you weren't really panicked.  You were more intrigued as to why he had chosen now to show you.  You noticed his hands were behind his back, and there was a bit of a pep in his step.  Even with the mask on, it wouldn't have been hard to tell he was excited.

"I have a suprise for you," he told you happily.

He quickly revealed a metal mechanism, and it looked fairly new.  Most things around Ambrose were covered in thick layers of dust and cobwebs, and this only had some small amounts of rust.  So this was as new as you were gonna get around here.

"Stick out your leg," Vince instructed.

You removed the layers of blankets, and stuck out your good leg.  Vinny quickly pointed at the bum leg, and you quickly complied, sticking that one out instead.  He quickly adjusted some knobs and clips on the metal thing, and thanks to some hinges, it opened up like a book.  He dipped down and wrapped it around your bum leg.  He enclosed the metal around your leg, and you didn't feel any panic settle in.

You had failed to notice, but the Stockholm syndrome had begun to kick in.  Your silent savior.

Vincent went and closed up the clips, tightened the knobs, and you realized there was a matching contraption on your upper leg.  He closed that up and began to tighten it up, then he helped pull you to your feet.  He began to strap something around your waist, and he ducked down to attach something to your foot.  He then stood up and took a few steps away from you, then gave you a smile.

"Try walking around," Vincent told you.

You hesitated, then took a step forward. The next step was going to be on the problematic leg, and you weren't sure what Vincent's thing was supposed to do.  You took that step, and were surprised when the mechanism took most of the weight off your leg.  You felt pressure in your hip as it dug into you a bit, but not enough to hurt.  Gears around your knee turned, keeping the metal moving with you without locking up your leg.

You kept walking forward, towards the man who had built this for you.  He had a bright smile on his face, proud of his work.  But, somehow, you had an even bigger and brighter smile painted across yours.  You were walking on your own for the first time in... however long.  Truth be told, you weren't sure how much time had passed since you had been 'taken in,' but it didn't matter.

What mattered was that you had gone mobile.

Lester had heard giggling from under the floorboards, and decided to check out what was going on under the house.  He popped open the trapdoor, and peered down in.  You were stumbling towards his older brother, a lot like a toddler trying to walk for the first time.  But you were doing it on your own, and that's what mattered.

"Vinny!  You said you'd wait fer me and Bo!  You asshat," Lester shouted.