025. spontaneous visit

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

    Friends: Chase Atlantic

"Hey, B." Miles turns from the window of the penthouse as I exit the elevator.

"Hey." I walk over and he pulls me into a tight hug.

"No more Cherry Coke, huh?" He pulls away.

"Just a one time thing." I run my fingers through my dirty blonde hair.

"Gave Gwen her graduation gift."

"Aren't you sweet?"

"Listen, I need to talk to you about-"

"Miles, who else knows I'm here?"

"No one. Your secret's safe with me, but we need to talk."

"About?"

"You know what I'm talking about."

"I'm busy." I walk past him.

"Saw the news." Miles inquires.

"Yeah, that's that reporters do, they broadcast everything." I grab a soda from the fridge and toss it to him before grabbing my own.

"Any reason you chose to squat in Clark's place?" He asks and an ache passes through my stomach before I close the fridge door.

"It's already paid for. And I'm not squatting here. I just come here time to time for the view. Aunt May has been nice enough to let me stay with her and Parker." I drink my soda before leaning against the counter.

"You know, I kept your secret because you asked me to. I was hoping that if I left you alone, you'd get a grip and come home. Now, there are people in Smallville that still haven't given up on the search."

"What search?" I laugh. "I'm not some kid who was abducted off the street. I left. Me, a grown woman. On my own. And I've erased Smallville from my past."

"Really? Is that why you're still wearing Clark's clothes?" He looks at one of Clark's white t-shirts that I'm wearing. "Still choosing this very place for the view? And don't say you're only here in the first place because Oliver called you about the hit at the bank."

"That is the reason though."

"You know, sooner or later, someone else is gonna find you, B." Miles slowly nods.

"Maybe." I nod back. "But I'm not Ghost just for kicks." I drink more of my soda.

"What are you gonna do if one day, Jim shows up on your doorstep, or your mom? Or Clark? Or Selina? My mom? My dad? Bruce? Alfred? Chloe? Jimmy? Lana? Even Lex. How are you gonna explain this to them?"

"There's nothing to explain, Miles. They should all be smart enough to connect the dots as to why I left Smallville."

"B, you can't just take off and give up."