054. light the wick

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

       ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark: Fall Out Boy

"The weapon is the Alice Tetch virus?" Harvey gapes as we stand in my office.

"Kathryn said the weapon would show Gotham its darkest self. Alice Tetch was in Indian Hill for years.
They would've known about her. It's the virus. I'm sure of it." Jim inquires.

"Is that even possible?" Oliver questions.

"Well, that's why you're here, Lucius. I'm sorry to throw you into the deep end of the pool like this, but I need to know what we're up against."

"You mean, beyond a secret society that controls all of Gotham?" Lucius says. "Well, if they could isolate the virus, they could transform it into any number of compounds that could be released on a large scale into the city. All they need is a sample of her blood."

"Well, they ain't getting it from the source, and after Mario broke into the haematology lab, they destroyed the rest of Alice's blood. I mean, where do they get a sample?" Harvey wonders.

"They don't need a sample of Alice's blood, just a sample of the virus." I tell him.

"The virus that she passed along to the people she infected." Lucius nods.

"Barnes." Oliver realizes.

"Exactly." I nod.

"Barnes wasn't transferred out of Arkham, Kathryn kidnapped him." Jim adds. "So if we can find out where he was taken, we can stop this."

"And how do we go about doing that?" Harvey asks.

"I found this in Kathryn's study." He hands Lucius a card with the name WAYNE on it. "Any idea what lab it belongs to?"

"No. But when I was running the Wayne Enterprises R&D division, we only had a half-dozen off-site labs.
Barnes isn't exactly the kind of guy who's gonna blend in. It'd have to be somewhere isolated and small enough for them to control...I think I know where they took him." Lucius tells us.

"Let's go." I slowly get up before biting the inside of my cheek.

"Hey, you okay?" Jim rushes over.

"Yeah. Just slept wrong. Strained myself. I'm fine." I nod before exiting my office.

       •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"No guards. No security." Jim says as we walk towards a gate.

"I don't like it either." Harvey agrees.

"We're fine." I look around and Jim swipes the card through the slot before the gate opens.