073. the blade's path

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

                ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Disappear: Logan Henderson

"Hey, good morning." Bruce greets as I open my eyes and I sit up, now looking around the room with blurry vision.

"No." I whisper. "No. No." I start to heavily pant.

"Brianna?" He sets a plate down and I get up before falling to my knees. "Brianna!"

"No! No, no! This is a dream!"

"No, it's not. This is real. You're here. You're here with me." Bruce kneels down to me and tears fill my eyes.

"What's going on?" Alfred questions.

"O-Okay, what do you do? I mean, like, how do you tell if you're awake or dreaming?"

"Y-Y-Your fingers you count your fingers. You have extra fingers in dreams." I choke out as I continue to heavily pant.

"How many do I have? Hey! Brianna, Look at me." Bruce grips my shoulder. "Look at my hands and count with me."

"One Two." I start.

"Keep going." He nods.

"Three. Four."

"Five."

"Six. Seven."

"Eight."

"Nine. Ten."

"Ten. Ten." Bruce holds up all ten fingers and my vision now becomes clear. "You're alright. You've had a rough couple of days, but you're okay." He nods and I let out a cry before gripping my hair with both hands.

"No..." I sob.

"Hey, it's okay." He pulls me into a hug and I immediately hug him back. "It's okay. You're alright."

        •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Hey, Harvey. Has anyone contacted you about Ra's al Ghul?" Dad asks as we enter the office.

"No." Harvey replies.

"We just heard from Judge Bam Bam's clerk. His trial got pushed off the docket." I inform.

"And?"

"And we wanna make sure him being minister of a foreign country doesn't let him weasel out of this.
He killed a boy." Dad inquires and I thickly swallow.

"That's above my pay grade, pal. I just, uh, bust the bad guys." Harvey tells him.

"Do you?" He grabs a file and opens it. "These are release forms." He flips through the pages and I look down, the averting my eyes away as the words are all still jumbled. "Of our collars. Let me guess, each one of them has a license from Penguin, right?"