046. not guilty

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

          ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

    Wake Up: NF

My teary eyes meet the ceiling before I get up. I look around at Oliver's empty apartment. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion before I see two tall men walking away.

"Hey!" I now follow them. "Excuse me. Can you tell me what's happening?" I turn the men around.

"Hi, Brianna." Jonathan greets.

"Dad?" I look at my father.

"Hi, mija." Dad hugs me.

          •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Dad. Jon. It's you, right? I mean, you're alive." I heave as I grip his shoulders while we enter the hospital.

"Not exactly." Jonathan tells me.

"What do you mean, not exactly? "

"All in good time, mija, we don't wanna be late." Dad inquires.

"Late for what?" I ask and they move me aside before I see myself being wheeled in on a stretcher.

"Help her, please!" Jim shouts as him, mom and Oliver follow.

"What happened to me?"

"You don't remember?" Dad furrows his eyebrows and I hold my chest.

"My heart." I choke on my breath.

"Your heart isn't the only one that's breaking right now."

"Scott?"

"He's long gone, mija. I'm sorry. C'mon." He leads me with him and Jonathan.

     •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Oliver!" I go to touch him as he enters my house.

"He can't hear you, mija." Dad pulls me back.

"Hey, Oliver." Clark walks over with Miles, Margo and Chloe who look like they have been crying. "Have you seen Brianna? Has she spoken to you?"

"Yeah, she...she just came to see." Oliver's voice strains.

"Oliver, what happened?" Chloe asks.

"Brianna, she..." He pauses. "She had a heart attack in my apartment. She's in the hospital with her mom and Jim. It's bad. It's really bad." He chokes out.