027. blackout plan

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

     ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

     Another Way Out: Hollywood Undead

"He thinks you set him up to get publicly assassinated?" Miles steps out of the elevator.

"Yep." I close the fridge before tossing him a water bottle, then opening mine.

"Well Gwen just called me on my way up here. She searched Max's name in Oscorp and it was blocked."

"Max works at Oscorp?"

"Yep."

"Did Gwen tell you why Max's name was blocked in the system?"

"No. He's practically erased."

"Oscorp is behind it. I know it." I inquire.

"Well, at least we know Electro's powers can't kill you."

"We don't know that."

"B, I saw you on the news. You consumed his electricity. If anything, it made you stronger. You can take Max down." Miles tells me.

"I don't wanna kill him, Miles."

"So we just wait for him to strike again and actually succeed in killing people?"

"No, I can get through to him. I need to make him understand that I did not set him up."

"How? The guy's a walking circuit."

"Who's power I can consume. Once he realizes he can't beat me, he'll back down."

"What makes you so sure?" Miles asks.

"Cause I know, Miles. I know." I nod.

"I thought you were gonna say your Spider Sense."

"Shut up." I shake my head and he smirks.

"Clark still doesn't remember what happened. But I told him he slipped the ring on and went out looking for you but found nothing."

"You ask him why he put the ring on?"

"Why do you think, B? He's hurting. He loves you so much." Miles tells me.

"No, he doesn't, Miles. He's in love with the idea of me. Just like Lana." I thickly swallow, thinking back of all the things he said to me when were in bed.

"Maybe for Lana because he put her on this pedestal for years and did nothing but fantasize about this fairytale life with her, but with you, you and I both know that's not true. You're not a fairytale, B. You're the real thing. You always have been and you always will be."

"Peter is gonna talk to Harry about our blood." I lean my back against the counter.

"You're gonna give it to him?" Miles raises his eyebrows.