038. welcome back, detective

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

         ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Decode: Paramore

"I shouldn't have underestimated Lois. She really blew me away yesterday." Tess gets up from the couch as I watch the footage from yesterday through my computer.

"So you did see her." Miles enters with Clark.

"You know, just when I thought she couldn't get an interesting bone in her body, she starts going on about a Kryptonian spacecraft carrying someone called Kal-El?"

A wraith must've escaped when I got out of the Phantom Zone. Shit.

"Well, she hit her head. She was hallucinating."

"Well, I'm glad she's better now. You can go, Miles."

"Oh, well, thank you for your permission, Tess." Miles leaves and I lowly chuckle.

"I'm sure Chloe told you that I stopped by your farm? It's a hell of a muddy driveway you got there." Tess hands Clark a photo. "You were the last one to see Lex alive, weren't you? This was taken in the arctic. If the boot fits." She walks past him.

"A lot of people have work boots. You don't think I was in the arctic based on these pictures." Clark tells her.

"I think there's a lot more to Clark Kent that even Clark Kent doesn't want to admit."

"A farmer turned journalist, not a very interesting story."

"I know that you're hiding something about his disappearance. And I can't wait for the day when you realize that you and I are on the same side and that maybe it's not in your best interests to lie to your boss."

"If you wanna fire me, Miss Mercer, go ahead. I have nothing more to tell you about this."

"Clark, I don't wanna fire you. I wanna trust you. And I wanna know why Lex didn't. In time, I'm sure the truth will reveal itself." She sits back down and I exit out of the tab before closing my laptop.

"Hey." Scott teleports in my house.

"Hey." I reply and he teleports us into Rome.

"What happened to you?"

"Uh, nothing. Let's go. C'mon. I think we should just get out of here."

"That didn't sound like nothing."

"You were right. Okay? I shouldn't have gone down there. Everything's fine. C'mon. We can still make the museum." Scott leads me with him.

"Scott." I heave as we walk through the gate. "Will you talk to me? Please?"

"Must be a cab around here somewhere." He squeezes my hand.

"Why aren't you talking to me? Please talk to me."