101. the evidence

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

    Formula: Labrinth

"Dad." I land next to him. "What happened?" I look at his neck.

"I'm fine. Peter scooped me up in time." Dad nods before hugging me. "You okay? How's Selina?"

"Not good." I shake my head. "But I know about Walker putting the chip in Ed's head, making him blow up Haven. And Eduardo. I sensed it a little late. I'm sorry, dad.

"Don't you dare, It's not your fault." He cups my face.

"Oh, God." Ed wakes up. "Oh! Oh, God. It happened again, didn't it? What did I do?"

"You tried to kill me." Dad raises his gun.

"Oh. Is that all?"

"We need answers, Ed." I urge. "We know Walker gave the orders to destroy Haven and the supply helicopter. What is she planning next?"

"I don't know. Briana, Jim, I don't remember anything once I go under. Jim, you're bleeding." Ed inquires and I yank him up. "You have to let me go. I'm not responsible for this."

"That chip in your head could be evidence. So unless you want me to rip it out, you're coming with us."

"Okay."

"Smart answer." I drag him with me and dad.

       •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"So the government is behind Haven and the supply helicopter, and they did it with a chip in this one's head?" Barbara questions.

"Is that really the craziest thing you've ever heard, Barbara?" Ed tells her.

"Bruce hit me up on the radio a little while ago, looking for you two. Said things are amiss in the GCPD."

"We'll reach out, see if we can meet up somewhere safe." I nod.

"Can you pull in some of your people, see if they can help?" Dad asks.

"No. I need them guarding my territory. But you have me." Barbara tells us.

"And me." Ed adds.

"I don't trust you." I turn to him. "With or without that chip in your head."

"Brianna. They used me as a pawn to murder innocent people. They messed with my brain. The thing that I want is revenge."

"No, you don't get to talk to me about revenge!" I snap before clenching my jaw. "Besides, you're prone to killing innocent people anyway. And framing them too."