030. toxic

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

      ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

    It Don't Matter to Jesus: Emily Zuzik

"Oliver?" I enter the room. "Oliver!" I look around.

"Oh, my God!" Chloe attacks me with a hug. "It's really you." She whispers.

"Yeah." I hug her back. "Missed you too." I now pull away.

"You look great. It's really good to see you, Brianna."

"You too. Congrats on your engagement."

"Thank you." She grins. "Where the hell have you been?"

"Around. I live with Jim and Dom now in Gotham. Hey." I hug Miles as he walks over with Clark.

"Hey." Miles hugs me back.

"You're a cop again?" Chloe questions and I see Scott's number across my screen since I didn't put his name back in my contact. "I'm guessing yes. Some anonymous tip for a lead?" She smiles.

"No, it's not." I tell her.

"Okay, well, I know it's not a spam call. Someone special?"

"Sure, let's use that word." I slip my phone in my pocket.

"Freaky one night stand?" Miles crosses his arms.

"Your definition of it and mine mean totally different things." I walk past him. "Oliver called me to meet him here. Do you see him?"

"No. Why? Brianna, what's wrong?" Chloe asks and I hear glass shatter before I turn my head.

"Oliver." I make my way over as the paparazzi starts taking pictures of him. "Hey!" I punch in the lenses of a guy's camera and everyone yells. "Oliver!" I now catch Oliver as he falls. "Oliver, hey! Stay with me." I tune out the paparazzi asking me about Gotham and where I've been.

"Excuse me. Excuse me." Clark heads over with Chloe and Miles.

"Oliver, c'mon. Stand up." I stand Oliver up.

"Hey, back off! Back off!" Chloe and Miles tell the paparazzi.

"I'm fine." Oliver grips my shoulders and I hold his arms.

"I know you're not drunk." I tell him. "And you called me here for a reason. What's going on?"

"C'mon, let's get you to a hospital." Miles urges.

"No, Miles! No hospital, please." Oliver begs. "I missed you. A lot you, know?" He weakly hugs me. "God, it's so good to see you. I missed you so much, Brianna, you have no idea." He squeezes me. "My life sucks without you, you know that?"

"Oliver, what's happened to you?" I pull away and squeeze his arms.

"Poison. I have twelve hours to live."