124. ghost spider

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

           ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Live Like Legends: Ruelle

"It began a few weeks ago. Someone attacking the gangs downtown." Dad informs.

"No deaths so far, at least." I nod.

"Hoods couldn't give a description, but, uh, they did mention a growling. " Harvey adds.

"A growling?" Mayor James questions.

"It's a rumor—ignore it." I tell him.

"Oswald Cobblepot gets out of Blackgate tomorrow.
One theory is he's sending someone to put the fear of God into the underworld." Dad reveals.

"And you choose this moment to hand in your resignation." Mayor James retorts.

"I told you that months ago."

"That's not the point. Look, things are unstable. I-Isn't there, uh, uh, some break-in at a government warehouse that you guys haven't solved yet?"

"Yeah, cause the Feds won't tell us squat." Harvey deadpans.

"I'm not looking for excuses! Look...you mean something to this city. You can't quit. Not now."

"Because of Wayne Tower." Dad faintly grins.

"Bruce Wayne is returning home for the first time in a decade for its opening. The new Wayne Tower represents hope for Gotham. So, yeah...I need you."

"Mayor James." Dad stands up and so do I. "I told you I would stay until after the Wayne inaugural. Then I'm done."

"If you'll excuse me, I have a fund-raiser I have to get ready for." Mayor James leaves. "Good day." He leaves.

"Jim." Harvey warns.

"I've had ten years, Harv. It's time for someone else to have a chance." Dad looks at me.

"And you wait for Bruce to come back to hang it up?
That's a coincidence?"

"We're late. We have to meet your mom, Clark and the kids." He leads me with him.

"Tell me something. Why didn't I buy up half of Gotham on the cheap after reunification? Become a tycoon. Hmm?" Harvey grins. "Give a kiss to the little ones from uncle Harv."

"Will do." I nod.

              •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Dad!" Leo runs over.

"Hey, buddy." Dad kneels down and hugs him.

"Hi, mom." I walk over.