033. jervis tetch

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

                ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

  Trouble: CRMNL

"Morning." Scott says as I open the door.

"Morning." I push some hair behind my ear.

"New tattoos." He looks at the two patches on my right arm.

"Yeah. Got them yesterday. Have to keep it on for a few more days incase of infection."

"What did you get?"

"A lion and a special date."

"Lover?"

"No. Friend. She passed away last year."

"Brianna, I'm so sorry."

"Thank you." I nod. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I was thinking that we should get together, have lunch, just...catch up."

"I'm seeing someone." I lie.

"So am I." Scott nods.

"Imported or domestic?"

"Import. Hey, we could bring them; a double date. I'll show you mine if you show me yours. I've already told her all about you."

"No, you haven't."

"Well, I mean, a bit about you. You know, I-I'm sure that I have mentioned your name."

          ──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Hey, Harvey." Jim greets as we enter the GCPD and I keep walking.

"Jim! Kid!" Harvey gets up. "Guys. Ha-ha." He leads us back down the stairs.

"What are you hiding, Harvey?" I rasp out.

"Nothing, kid, I just missed you these past eight months. Let's get a cup of coffee."

"I don't drink coffee."

"Then let's get a soda pop. Anything you want."

"We just came by for our checks." Jim informs. "City still owes us for bringing in the last of Strange's creeps."

"Yeah, you guys been hustling." Harvey inquires.

"Baby." I hear mom say and I stop.

"Mom?" I turn before hugging her. "When did you get here?"

"Yesterday." Mom hugs me back. "Clark told me everything. I know you've been through a lot, sweetie, and you take all the time you need." She whispers in my ear before pulling away. "Jim?" She looks at Jim and he looks back at her. "Hello, Jim. What—What are you..."