123. superman

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

           ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

   Heavydirtysoul: Twenty One Pilots

"You read me?" I say into my watch as I land on top of a building.

"Copy." Parker replies.

"Gotcha." P3 responds.

"Right here." Peter tells me.

"Alright, we'll circle around other areas tomorrow. Same time." I inquire.

"You got it."

"See you guys later." I sign off before swinging from building to building.

"Yeah, Ghost!" People cheer from down below and I keep swinging before landing in an alleyway, then hearing a whoosh.

"Some people take time off when it's their wedding day." Clark says from behind me.

"There is no wedding. Don't pretend you didn't hear what I said last night. And you're one to talk. That blue underoo sticking out of your collar means you're on the job, too." I shoot a web and continue swinging before I land in another alleyway to see Clark already there.

"Just keeping busy. I didn't wanna crowd you. You know, you haven't called in twelve hours. Usually you figure things out when I give you some space." He goes on and I swing on top of a building. "Or you can just keep avoiding me. Or try to until you give in." He super speeds next to me.

"I'm not avoiding you. And I don't give in to nobody. I have work to do." I continue swinging and head inside our apartment. "My plan with Eddie and the guys for Cletus, my team." I take off my mask. "And I have to call all the guests and let them know that the big day has been cancelled." I grab the guest list and he takes it from me. "Nice try, speedy, but you can't make 411 disappear." I take out my phone and I swing over him as he goes to take it. "You're faster, but I can sense things even before they happen. Now go out there and save the day, wherever it needs saving." I walk past him.

"Brianna." Clark turns me around. "When Brainiac took me back in time and put me in your shoes...I felt so helpless. So powerless. I felt and saw so much pain, so much agony, grief, anger, sadness. Just one thing on top of another. And I couldn't go through with it. I didn't know what to do next. And it scared the hell out of me. And then when Brainiac showed me everything you for me did all those years ago, and then with Cletus and Eddie on that building complex, watching them kill you. And then at the Phantom Zone with Oliver, fighting the way you did for me. You've done more for me than I could ever imagine. And I'm sorry I didn't understand it before. But there's a whole team of heroes out there protecting the world. So we can get married."

"You really don't see it, do you? You're a hero, and that's how it should be. And me? I do my own thing, similar to you—but not the same. It's just that you've gotten so used to the fact that you know you're gonna be able to fix everything and make everything right that you cut out any possibility that there are some things that you just...you can't fix."