Chapter 1-8: Beagle Birthday Breakout (Part 1)

A/N: If there are any grammar or spelling mistakes, pls let me know. It's just me, myself, and I writing and editing this, so I would appreciate it if you could help.

The boys wanted to go on another boat trip. We used to do it a lot when we were younger. Webby wanted to come with, and we were helping the boys pack.

Huey pulled out a checklist and started going down the list, "Compass, CB radio, sunscreen,"

Webby pulled out a life vest with hot dogs taped on, saying, "Hot dog costumes!"

Huey said, "I'm sorry what?"

Webby responded, "You know, in case we get lost at sea, and one of us, probably Louie, goes mad with hunger, we'll put these on. Louie hates hot dogs, so he probably won't eat us."

I ask, "How would we go mad with hunger if we have a bunch of hot dogs?"

Webby responds, "But they're to protect ourselves!"

Huey asks, "Are you saying that Louie would rather eat us than eat hot dogs?"

Louie shrugged and responded, "I do hate hot dogs."

Huey set the hot dog costumes down, saying, "I think we'll be good."

Webby said, "So, what do you need me to do?"

Huey double-checked his list and said, "I think that's everything. Louie's got the canteens, Izzy's got the food, Dewey's got the paddles-"

Dewey climbed onto the side of the small boat, then jumped onto Louie, yelling, "Nautical leap, YAR! Nailed it."

I continue, "Relax, we've taken this old kayak out dozens of times. We've got this."

Webby asks, "Maybe I can be in charge of the map?"

Dewey responds, "Oh, Huey always handles the map, thanks to ol' Captain Lost, here."

He points to an offended Louie, who responds, "Hey! That's 'Captain Lost, sir' to you."

Huey, Dewey and I chant, "Captain Lost! Captain Lost!"

We burst into laughter, and an oblivious Webby laughs with us.

I tell her, "Maybe you can be lookout."

Webby says, "Sure, but I don't know why we're laughing."

Huey responds, "Oh, it's this whole crazy story where we all went kayaking, and Louie-"

Webby finished for him, "Got lost?"

Louie says, "Yeah. Sort of had to be there, I guess."

We all hop in at once, and Webby is having trouble fitting in the boat, and ends up falling out.

Louie says, "I guess we never had to stick five people on this thing."

I climb out and offer my spot, saying, "Here Webby, you can take my spot."

She sits down on the sand, responding, "No, no. It's okay."

Dewey says, "Are you sure?"

Webby says, "Yeah, I'll just go when you guys get back."

I take off my life vest, tossing it into the boat.

I say, "If you're not going, I'm not going."

I sit down on the sand next to her.

Huey says, "Unless Captain Lost gets us lost again!"

The boys row away, chanting, "Captain Lost! Captain Lost! Captain Lost!"