Chapter 1-15: The Missing Link of Moorshire

Once we heard Uncle Scrooge was going to be golfing against Glomgold, Huey decided to try for a Merit Badge for Sports Commentary. It requires a co-commentator that isn't a Troop Leader or Troop Leader in-training, so he went with Launchpad since he just drives the bus for Junior Woodchuck events. He couldn't pick me since I'm a Troop Leader in-training. I'll be a fully fledged Troop Leader next year if all goes well.

As we waited for Glomgold, Uncle Scrooge explains, "Get excited, kids! Golf is in our blood. Your ancestor, Black Donald McDuck, invented the sport. Of course, he lost so badly that the ensuing temper tantrum caused King James to ban golfing across all of Scotland."

I say, "Was Uncle Donald named after him? That sounds like something he would do."

Louie asks, "And we're proud of that in some way?"

Dewey says, "I don't know, man. Golf carts? Hitting things with sticks? Not being grounded for said hitting? Sounds kind of awesome."

Louie says, "It's a sport where you try not to score points to make it end faster. Hard pass."

Uncle Scrooge says, "Trust me, you'll love it! The quiet strategy. The intense focus. The -"

Webby blows a horn, and I cover my ears from the loud sound.

Uncle Scrooge groans, "Semi-permanent hearing loss."

Webby exclaims, "Go, Scrooge! Boo, Glomgold! Yay, custom t-shirts!"

Uncle Scrooge says, "I'm glad you're excited, dear, but this sport requires a certain decorum."

Just as he says that, we hear Huey yell, "Everybody move!"

The golf cart he and Launchpad we in bursts through a bush next to me, and they land in a small pool of water.

As they start sinking, Launchpad says, "This lake will be used for the swimming portion of the competition."

Once we've pulled them and the golf cart out of the water and got it running again, Uncle Scrooge starts practicing his swing.

He says, "Will one of you be my caddy? I need someone to help me carry these cumbersome clubs."

I say, "I'll do it."

Uncle Scrooge unloads his bag on my shoulder, saying, "Great! Thank you, dear." As I adjust to the golf bag's weight, Uncle Scrooge turns to Webby, saying, "Alright, Webbigail. Care to -"

He interrupts himself when he sees her making a sign.

I ask, "Uh, Webs? What'cha doin'?"

Webby holds up her sign that says 'Team Scrooge', and says, "Oh, sorry. I've never been to a sport before. But don't worry. I'm going to be the best fan."

Uncle Scrooge asks, "Did you want to give it a go?"

Webby sets down her sign, saying, "I'm good. Golf clap!"

She claps quietly, and walks away.

Uncle Scrooge turns to Louie, asking, "How about you, lad? Up for a -"

Louie interrupts him, saying, "No, gross. No. Not even a little."

Dewey exclaims, "Are you guys kidding me?! A chance to learn the sport our family invented from the greatest player who ever lived, I assume because I don't follow golf?! I want in!"

Uncle Scrooge says, "Atta-boy. Let's hone that... wildly misplaced enthusiasm, shall we? We'll start with your swing."

Glomgold finally arrived, exiting the building where we checked in, saying, "Practice all you want, McDuck. You won't be winning this year!"