Chapter 1-14: McMystery at McDuck McManor

I was finishing crocheting the blanket I've been making since Christmas when my brothers ran in, all hyper with excited grins on their faces.

Huey exclaims, "It's Uncle Scrooge's birthday today! We've gotta make it the best birthday ever!"

I say, "Are you sure that's what he wants?"

Dewey says, "I know Beakley said he didn't like his birthday, but now's our chance to change that!"

I deadpan a look at them, saying, "You guys know I don't like big parties on my birthday, and you respected that. Why can't you do that for Uncle Scrooge?"

Louie says, "But this is our chance to make him change his mind!"

I roll my eyes, saying, "Whatever. Do whatever you want. I know you're all too stubborn to be stopped." They all run out of the room excitedly, and I mutter, "Just like Mom."

I complete the blanket, laying it out on the couch to get a good look at it. I made it for Uncle Scrooge, remembering how much he enjoyed my homemade gifts I gave him when I was younger.

 I made it for Uncle Scrooge, remembering how much he enjoyed my homemade gifts I gave him when I was younger

It took a few months to finish the blanket, but it started going faster as I got the hang of it. I taught myself how to crochet from a book Uncle Donald got me for my last birthday, and this was my first big project. I hope he likes it. I head upstairs with the blanket to write on a birthday card, 'Happy birthday, Uncle Scrooge! Hope it's a good one. -Izzy'.

I left my room when I heard Uncle Scrooge shouting at the bottom of the stairs, "A home invasion! Take that, ye bionic bandit!"

I hurry down the stairs to find Uncle Scrooge tackling Dewey in his DJ persona outfit. He created DJ Daft Duck last year, but he hasn't had any gigs yet.

Huey, Louie, and three costumes guests exclaim, "Surprise!"

Dewey plays on his keytar, "Happy b- b- b- birthday!"

Uncle Scrooge growls, standing up and letting Dewey go. He scowls as he sits in a chair, wearing a party hat Huey forced him to put on instead of his top hat.

Huey pulls out a detailed list, saying, "So, next is mingling from 6 to 6:05. Bathroom break is at 6:06, but keep it under a minute because at 6:07, we're scheduled to have fun!"

Dewey's keytar says, "Fun times!"

A goat sound plays on the keytar as Uncle Scrooge asks, "What the blazes was that?"

Huey says, "Oh, just the one and only DJ Daft Duck!"

Dewey's keytar says, "Yup! What up, yo?"

Huey whispers, "Dewey's only answering to his DJ name tonight. Just go with it."

Uncle Scrooge asks, "Why are there a bunch of masked weirdos in my house?"

Huey says, "Louie put together a guest list of Duckburg's most powerful and elite. It's about quality, not quantity."